Finovate Global extends a special thanks to the demoing companies, keynote speakers, and attendees that joined us for FinovateSpring this week via our digital platform. On Demand video from the conference will be available soon.
And for Finovate Global readers with an interest in innovators from outside of the U.S., here are some of the companies to look out for when the On Demand video is made available in the coming days.
Aisot Technologies (Switzerland) with its technology that provides next-generation, real-time analytics and forecasts, allowing financial services to enhance returns, reduce risks, and increase efficiency.
Coconut Software (Canada) with its customer engagement platform for financial institutions that want to improve their digital and physical engagements.
DigiShares (Denmark) with its white-label platform for tokenization of real estate to provide automation and liquidity to the real estate markets.
Dreams (Sweden) with its technology that leverages cognitive and behavioral science to help banks increase their end users’ financial wellbeing and engagement, and attract new audiences. Best of Show winner.
Flybits (Canada) with its customer experience platform for the financial services sector, delivering personalization at scale.
FormHero (Canada) with its SaaS solution that enables rapid creation of digital front-end experiences to solve for complex data collection needs.
Expect an even greater international representation next month at our all-digital FinovateAsia event!
Here is our look at fintech innovation around the world.
- A new partnership between Mastercard and Kenya-based Billetera will bring digital access to financial services to unbanked communities in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Vista Bank Group partners with Radar Payments to power its payment processing operations in West Africa.
- Disrupt Africa looked at the recent surge in fundraisings by Nigeria-based fintechs.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Lithuania’s iDenfy to provide identity verification for crypto currency platform Impily.
- Hungary’s W.UP launched its embedded financial wellness tool, Money Stories.
- BaFin, Germany’s financial authority, ordered N26 to implement controls and safeguards to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. Meanwhile, the German Bundestag passed legislation that paves the way for digital securities.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- The Bank of Israel announced plans to issue a digital shekel.
- A partnership between Federal Bank and UAE-based Mashreq Bank will help facilitate money transfers between the UAE and India.
- Prexle, a cloud-based point-of-sale startup based in Saudi Arabia, raised $670,000 (2.5 million Saudi riyals) in seed funding.
Central and Southern Asia
- Pakistan-based fintech, CreditBook, secured $1.5 million in seed funding for its platform that digitizes business processes for MSMEs.
- Are CBDCs coming to Kazakhstan? The country’s national bank has partnered with private companies to pilot a prototype of a digital tenge.
- Analytics Insight looked back on how India’s fintech industry responded to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Open banking platform Floid launched in Colombia this week.
- Brazilian crypto asset investment manager Hashdex secured $26 million (BRL 135 million) in Series A funding.
- Uala, a mobile payments company based in Argentina, raised $64 million in funding.
- Vietnamese fintech Nano raised $3 million in seed capital for its technology that enables workers to access earned wages immediately.
- Visa announced support for Apple Pay in Japan.
- Indonesia may meet surging local interest in cryptocurrencies with a tax on trading them.