As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Brazil’s central bank issues open banking guidelines for the country.
- Crunchbase News looks at VC funding trends in Latin America and their impact on fintech investment.
- LATAM Tech explores Argentina’s investment in blockchain technology.
- ACI Worldwide to help Indonesia interbank network ALTO to expand its payment capabilities.
- China makes moves to ease cross-border ecommerce settlement.
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Central Bank of Canada team up to trial DLT technology for cross border payments.
- ESI Africa reports on the potential for fintech to drive economic growth in Africa.
- Kenya’s 4G Capital, a financial services solution provider for micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) opens offices in Uganda.
- Fintech News Switzerland profiles the fintech scene in South Africa.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Token helps drive Open Banking with new Sberbank Croatia partnership.
- Lithuanian fintech Paysera announces plans to raise €2.5 million in a security token offering.
- Banks in Hungary and Slovakia choose core banking technology from Oracle Financial Services.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Fenergo working with Bahrain’s Electronic Network for Financial Transactions to design and implement a KYC solution that incorporates blockchain technology.
- Wamda interviews Mohamed Okasha, co-founder of Egypt-based electronic payment gateway, Fawry.
- Mercury Payment Services, a Dubai-based financial services company, to deploy AML technology from Fiserv.
Central and South Asia
- TechCrunch: India tops China as destination for fintech investment.
- Amazon Pay launches P2P payments for Android users in India.
- Myamar-based financing platform Daung Capital closes Series A round after securing additional funding.