The Bay Area is one of the hottest cities in tech right now, and with a city full of companies vying to hire the best talent comes plenty of competition in the form of job perks. The San Francisco Business Times recently released its list of the best places to work in the Bay Area in 2016.
The 125 companies that made the list were selected from a group of 400 nominees. Quantum Workplace created the rankings from survey data received from employees of nominated companies. The rankings are numeric, based on Quantum’s scoring process.
Four Finovate alums in four categories made the list:
Category: largest companies
Rank: #4 in largest companies
2015 rank: #6 in largest companies
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave
- Subsidized rates for child care and elder care
- Programs for pet-sitting and dog-walking
Intuit’s Mint demoed at FinovateSpring 2013 and its developer group presented at our 2015 FinDEVr event on the West Coast.
Category: large companies
Gusto (formerly ZenPayroll)
Rank: #5 in large companies
2015 rank: #1 in small companies
- A ticket to visit anywhere in the world after an employee’s one-year work anniversary
- New-hire workshops that expose employees to all aspects of the organization
- Bimonthly meetings that openly discuss Gusto’s growth and financial situation
Gusto demoed (as ZenPayroll) at FinovateSpring 2014:
Category: mid-size companies
Rank: #20 in mid-size companies
- Free lunch and snacks
- Gym membership
- Family ski trip for all employees and their families
WePay demoed at FinovateSpring 2014
Category: smallest companies
Rank: #7 in smallest companies
- Catered lunch
- Specialized coffee
- Game room
Signifyd demoed at FinovateSpring 2013
To see the newest in fintech from the Bay Area, check out FinovateSpring, which comes to San Jose on May 10 & 11. Tickets are going fast so register soon.