- Germany’s aixigo Forges Strategic Partnership with Synpulse.
- The Rise of AI and the Role of the Customer in Fintech.
Around the web
- Payment service provider Truevo to deploy front office and core banking solutions from Temenos.
- Klarna launches global customer authentication platform for multinational businesses.
- Fintech OS announces new Chief Revenue Officer Leon Stevens.
- Best of Show winner Voleo takes home the 2019 Best Stock Trading App award in the Investment category of the FinTech Breakthrough Awards.
- Trunomi unveils new website, branding.
- Kony teams up with Okta to provide ID management and MFA.
- FindBiometrics interviews Jeff Maynard, CEO and Founder of Biometric Signature ID.
- Tradeshift to power supplier solutions for Axfood.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
- BanQu launches partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev to revolutionize supply chain transparency in Zambia.
- WorldRemit unveils new digital money transfer service for Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Forbes looks at the presence of fintech specialists – including representatives from Azimo and Standard Chartered – during UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s recent visit to South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Entrepreneur.com features Fintech OS in a discussion on fintech innovation in Romania.
- Fortytwo Data opens its first international office in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Hungary to go live with instant payments in July of 2019.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Finastra joins Bahrain FinTech Bay to promote fintech innovation in the Middle East.
- FinTech Hive, the biggest accelerator in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia introduces its incoming startup cohort – 50% of which is fintech.
- Sarwa, a wealth tech innovator based in the UAE, raises $1.3 million in pre-Series A funding.
- United Bank of Egypt leverages technology from Finastra to upgrade its core banking infrastructure.
Central and South Asia
- India-based IT consultancy Wipro inks agreement with Alight Solutions.
- Legendary investor Warren Buffett reportedly casts his gaze on India’s fintech market.
- Tech in Asia features the 20 top-funded fintech companies in India.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- NICE provides its Desktop Automation solution to Latin American CRM and BPO solution provider, Liq.
- Fintech Futures publishes a look at neobanks in Latin America.
- LATAM Tech features Christine Chang of Startupbootcamp on the fintech startup scene in Latin America.
- Fiserv to power Philippine Veterans Bank’s digital transformation.
- Bangkok Bank invites fintech startups to apply to its 12-week, InnoHub accelerator program.
- Standard Chartered appoints Deniz Güven as CEO for its virtual bank in Hong Kong.
- Visionet Data International and SmartPesa bring mPOS payment service, Mobey, to Indonesia.
Top image designed by Freepik
A look at the companies demoing live at FinovateEurope on the 6 through 9 of March 2018 in London. Pick up your tickets today and save your spot.
Fintech OS enables agile and modular digital transformation roadmaps for businesses in the financial industry. It combines deep fintech business model know-how with AI driven technologies.
- Fast: 5x to 10x faster innovation through Robotic Assisted Development
- Digital: modular, customer-centered fintech
- Open: 100% open API connected
Why it’s great
Fintech OS serves as an innovation enabler, allowing companies to implement their tailored digital transformation roadmap either by using ready-made apps or by creating new ones with Fintech Designer.
Teodor Blidarus, CEO & Founder
Blidarus is an experienced IT entrepreneur with a deep understanding of banking, insurance, and digital transformation technologies (15+ years experience). He is president of the Romanian Software Industry Association (ANIS)