As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
- BanQu launches partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev to revolutionize supply chain transparency in Zambia.
- WorldRemit unveils new digital money transfer service for Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Forbes looks at the presence of fintech specialists – including representatives from Azimo and Standard Chartered – during UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s recent visit to South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Entrepreneur.com features Fintech OS in a discussion on fintech innovation in Romania.
- Fortytwo Data opens its first international office in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Hungary to go live with instant payments in July of 2019.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Finastra joins Bahrain FinTech Bay to promote fintech innovation in the Middle East.
- FinTech Hive, the biggest accelerator in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia introduces its incoming startup cohort – 50% of which is fintech.
- Sarwa, a wealth tech innovator based in the UAE, raises $1.3 million in pre-Series A funding.
- United Bank of Egypt leverages technology from Finastra to upgrade its core banking infrastructure.
Central and South Asia
- India-based IT consultancy Wipro inks agreement with Alight Solutions.
- Legendary investor Warren Buffett reportedly casts his gaze on India’s fintech market.
- Tech in Asia features the 20 top-funded fintech companies in India.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- NICE provides its Desktop Automation solution to Latin American CRM and BPO solution provider, Liq.
- Fintech Futures publishes a look at neobanks in Latin America.
- LATAM Tech features Christine Chang of Startupbootcamp on the fintech startup scene in Latin America.
- Fiserv to power Philippine Veterans Bank’s digital transformation.
- Bangkok Bank invites fintech startups to apply to its 12-week, InnoHub accelerator program.
- Standard Chartered appoints Deniz Güven as CEO for its virtual bank in Hong Kong.
- Visionet Data International and SmartPesa bring mPOS payment service, Mobey, to Indonesia.