Join us next week as our annual Asia-Pacific fintech conference returns to Singapore! FinovateAsia is one of the best ways for fintech startups and innovative industry veterans from the region and around the world to showcase their latest technologies before an audience of C-level decision-makers, venture capitalists, all-star analysts, and more.
FinovateAsia runs from October 14 through October 15, with an additional Summit Day on October 16. Visit our registration page and pick up your ticket today.
- Finovate alums Hydrogen, Sedicii, Strands, and Wealth Migrate earn finalist spots in the South African Reserve Bank’s Fintech Demo Day.
- Carbon CEO Chijioke Dozie offers Five Lessons Global Banks Can Learn from African Fintechs.
- Business Tech highlights 12 of the hottest fintechs in South Africa according to the country’s biggest banks.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Alior Bank’s Alior Kantor to deploy Efigence’s EFI4 Digital Banking Platform.
- Deloitte Romania and FintechOS partner to offer banks digital transformation and automation solutions.
- Sberbank unveils new “Apply for Mortgage” feature on its Sberbank Online mobile app.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Dubai earns top ten ranking in the Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI).
- Boubyan Bank of Kuwait and Zain Telecom team up to launch a digital Islamic bank.
- Saudi Capital Market Authority (CMA) authorizes financial technology experimental permits enabling three companies to build an equity crowdfunding platform.
Central and Southern Asia
- Khatabook, an Indian fintech that helps SMEs track and record businesses transactions, raises $25 million.
- Varanium Capital launches $28 million venture fund focused on Indian fintech.
- Indian fintechs await regulatory guidelines for deployment of Video KYC technology.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- OurCrowd to open its 13th global office in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Colombian small business lender Sempli raises $8 million in Series A funding.
- EBANX will process payments for Uber in Brazil and other countries in Latin America.
- PayPal’s Move into China is a Big Deal.
- Fintech in Asia: From Payments and Lending to the Challenge of Financial Inclusion.
- InComm partners with Mizuho Bank to expand J-Coin Pay in Japan.