As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Lidya Scores $6.9 Million in Series A Investment.
- Kenya finance ministry publishes draft of initial regulations its digital lending industry.
- Fintech Futures profiles Cameroon-based crypto wallet and exchange app, Interstellar.
- Argentine lending platform Moni raises $3 million in funding.
- Brazil’s central bank launches new fintech sandbox, Laboratório de Inovações Financeiras e Technológicas (LIFT).
- MarkitSERV extends network of derivatives clearinghouses to include Mexico’s Asigna.
- Czech Republic’s Worldcore announces completion of its cryptocurrency exchange.
- Is fintech an “opportunity or threat” to emerging Europe?
- Czech utility conmpany, Pražská Plynárenská, to accept payments in bitcoin.
- Ant Financial inks deal with Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, its third deal with an established Chinese bank in a week.
- Malaysian fintech Jirnexu raises $11 million in Series B led by Japan’s SBI Group.
- Philippine government points to northern Philippines as a future blockchain, cryptocurrency, and fintech hub.
- Emirates NBD teams up with Diebold Nixdorf to introduce digital kiosk, Emirates NBD EasyHub.
- ADGM and KPMG Lower Gulf announce FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge.
- Emirates NBD introduces its NBD Accelerator Auto Loans program.