- MX Raises $30 Million in Series A Investment
Around the web
- Encap Security to support Samsung fingerprint scanner as part of version 3.0 of its Smarter Authentication technology. See Encap at FinovateSpring 2015 next month in San Jose.
- Dutch banking group ABN AMRO to deploy wealth-management solution, WealthSuite, from Temenos.
- Top Image Systems wins recognition at 2015 IT Innovation Awards (IT Innovationspreis) for MobiPAY.
- PayPal partners with Tillster, an online ordering platform.
- Green Dot names MasterCard its exclusive transaction processor and network gateway.
- American Banker: New Moves by Coinbase, Ripple Advance Digital Money Tech.
- Currency Cloud appoints former Deutsche Bank CIO, Mitchel Lenson, as a non-executive director.
- IP Commerce launches new version of Commerce Sync to automatically transfer sales info from a POS system or e-commerce solution into accounting software on a daily basis.
- InComm partners with Russian internet giant Mail.Ru Group.
- Stratos now shipping its all-in-one smart credit card. Come see Stratos at FinovateSpring in San Jose.
- Open Source Project.com features Open Bank Project.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
Chief Technology Officer Kuan Archer is Green Dot’s new COO.
After two years leading the company’s technology organizations, Archer will add oversight of vendor management and procurement, business continuity, human resources, supply chain and retail execution to his responsibilities.
Steve Streit, chairman and CEO of Green Dot said, “Kuan has proven to be one of the most impactful leaders in the company’s history. He incited an immediate and lasting shift in our ability to create meaningful technology developments.” Archer will report directly to Streit in his new role.
Before joining Green Dot, Kuan Archer served as vice president of the Cloud Services Platform division at Rovi Corporation. Previous to Rovi, where he spent more than six years, Archer worked at Symantec Corporation. At Symantec, Archer was responsible for designing the company’s first web and mobile-based consumer ID protection and transaction security solution for FIs and e-commerce merchants.
A specialist in consumer financial technology, Green Dot provides reloadable, prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services throughout the U.S. Beginning 2014 by winning four categories
at the 2014 Paybefore Awards, the company announced an extension
of its contract with Walmart in December, and in September purchased
TPG, adding tax refund processing to its list of services.
Headquartered in Pasadena, California, Green Dot demoed a beta version of its mobile checking account, GoBank, at FinovateSpring 2013
If your new year’s resolution is to better manage your money, you can pick up a tool to help you accomplish it at Walmart.
Prepaid card company, GreenDot
has extended its contract with retail giant, Walmart. Through the agreement, Walmart will distribute the California-based company’s prepaid products through 2015, including GreenDot’s GoBank
, which was debuted at FinovateSpring 2013
Since Walmart accounted for 53% of GreenDot’s revenue in Q3 of 2014, this is good news for GreenDot, though the two have yet to reach a multi-year agreement.
GoBank is a mobile and online-only account aimed at the un- and underbanked. Its mobile-first UI offers users free cash deposit and direct deposit services, mobile RDC, free ATM usage, online billpay, and a P2P payments platform.