Join us in October as our annual Asia-Pacific fintech conference returns to Singapore! FinovateAsia is one of the best ways for fintech startups and innovative industry veterans from the region and around the world to showcase their latest technologies before an audience of C-level decision-makers, venture capitalists, all-star analysts, and more.
For information on how to participate in FinovateAsia as a demoing company, partner, or sponsor, send us an e-mail and we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Business Review looks at the potential for French-Romanian cooperation on fintech innovation.
- Relex, a cryptocurrency-based real estate development investment platform, inks agreement with Belarus Currency and Stock Exchange.
- Austrian telecom A1 to begin accepting cryptocurrencies as payment.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Emirates NBD introduces the first graduates of its fintech sandbox.
- Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) joins the World Alliance of International Financial Centres (WAIFC).
- Partnership between NilePay PLC and Zain South Sudan brings the first licensed mobile money service to South Sudan.
Central and Southern Asia
- An investment of $110 million will help power Tala’s planned expansion into India.
- Khalti, a fintech startup based in Nepal, wins the United Nations Fintech Innovation Fund.
- Software Technology Parks of India establishes FinBlue, a Center of Excellence in FinTech, to support emerging fintech startups.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Argentina’s largest national private bank Banco Galicia integrates PFM technology from Strands.
- Citi enables biometric authentication for its institutional clients throughout Latin America.
- TransferWise announces launch of international transfers from Argentina.
- Standard Chartered Bank partners with SAP Ariba to bring financial supply chain solutions to companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Japanese messaging platform Line teams up with Nomura to launch online brokerage firm geared toward younger, digitally-oriented traders.
- Singapore FinTech Association and PwC Singapore look at the demand for talent in the local fintech industry.
- Ghananian fintech Bezo Money is among the 11 startups to receive an $100,000 investment as part of its graduation from Pan-African incubator MEST.
- Nigerian startup financial services startup Carbon posts its audited financial information online to promote transparency in the country’s tech market.
- South African startup Ukheshe raises $500,000 (R7.6 million) for its app that provides payment services for the unbanked.