The payment network’s mobile app now allows merchants to see accounts receivable payments in real-time. Suppliers and retailers can take advantage of the ability to schedule payments and view payment history remotely.
eDeposit provides merchants and their customers with a prepaid account system. The company’s payment authorization and settlement network processes invoices and remittances in real-time, providing cost and time saving for businesses.
The app is available for both Android and iOS platforms.
eDeposit was founded in 1999. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company is led by CEP Robert Craig and demoed at FinovateSpring 2012. See their presentation here.
- AG Beat features Entrepreneurial Finance Lab.
- BSCG, Mitek, and Yodlee selected as Monarch B2B Innovation Award Winners.
- Lodo Software appoints Matthew Lawlor, former founder & CEO of Online Resources, to board of directors.
- South African Logistics Company implements Kofax Software to Automate HR. Watch Kofax demo live at FinovateSpring.
- Business Credit Radio features Sue Heilbronner, PaySimple’s Chief Growth Officer.
- American Banker highlights Plastyc’s unique approach to serving prepaid card users. Watch Plastyc’s demo at FinovateSpring.
- Mati Greenspan, senior investment consultant at eToro, explains how eToro will soon support Bitcoin.
- American Banker looks at Braintree’s multi-merchant approach. Come see Braintree demo at FinovateSpring.
- Live Science considers how Narrative Science
automates journalism and report generation. See Narrative Science’s live demo at FinovateSpring.
- Quantopian announces algorithm development competition. The company will demo at FinovaeSpring in May.
- Bank Innovation reports: Intuit will continue to support FinanceWorks.
- Reuters takes a look at TipRanks. See them demo at FinovateSpring.
- eDeposit announces major new features in upgrade of mobile app.
- TradeHero a winner at Echelon Singapore Satellite pitch competition.
- INTJ Capital gives kudos to Quantopian’s decision to provide for external data sets. Join Quantopian in San Francisco for FinovateSpring in May.
- American Banker interviews Green Dot CEO and founder Steven Streit. See Green Dot demo at FinovateSpring.
- Realty Mogul is among the companies highlighted in Upstart Business Journal column on crowd funding. See them demo at FinovateSpring.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
What’s new in finance apps for iOS? Now businesses can use their iPhones to manage their eDeposit accounts.
The new mobile app from eDeposit allows merchants (and their customers) to send and accept payments, as well as conduct other banking business such as checking balances and monitoring account activity.
Here’s a screenshot.
Version 1.2.1 is available for free on iTunes.
Watch eDeposit in action at their most recent Finovate demo here.
showed off its payment platform:
“Thousands of businesses seek new payment applications to reduce risk, increase profitability and transform the user experience. eDeposit will demonstrate how its patented technology displaces legacy payment methods with simple web and mobile-integrated solutions. eDeposit sellers say, “Show me the money!” and see funds earmarked before they ship, manufacture, lease, or distribute goods and services. Buyers love the speed, flexibility and control of eDeposit. Our demo shows eDeposit’s unique buyer authorization model, with real-time settlement and reduced risk in B2B, B2C and P2P transactions.”
Product Launched: April 2012
HQ Location: Rockville, MD
Company Founded: 1999
Metrics: eDeposit is privately funded, utilizes a variety of strategic partnerships to develop, host and settle financial transactions and has roughly 2,000 users to date.
Introducing Bob Craig (CEO) and Neil Williams (EVP, Business Development)