“DataVault is a virtual safety deposit box that allows banking customers to upload, sort, and store personal and business documents in one secure place. Now customers can bank online with important documents just a click away.”
- Nous makes it to the finals of UK’s Million Pound Startup competition. Check them out at FinovateEurope in London.
- Luminous partners with Jack Henry & Associates. Come see them both at FinovateEurope next week.
- Pindrop Security achieves record growth in 2013 fueled by rising phone-based fraud.
- Sun Hearlad features Finovera as a new site to help manage personal finances.
- In yet another partnership, Refundo partners with Stripe to process payments for tax preparers.
- CNB Texas launches responsive design website from Banno for greater cross-sell potential.
- Top-Five U.S. Bank makes million dollar investment in software licenses for Kofax’s Mobile Capture. Come see Kofax’s live demo at FinovateEurope.
- FinovateEurope 2014: Guess Who’s Coming to London?
- VentureBeat lists TransferWise among London’s hottest startups.
FinovateEurope is almost a month away, and we’re well into preparing for the show, to be held in London on February 11 and 12 at the historic Old Billingsgate Market Hall.
Before we all gather around the demo stage, we wanted to give you a preview of what to expect. Below are the first six companies in our sneak peek series. Stay tuned for more!
- Compare low-cost currency quotes, and book trades in one independent venue
- 100% cost transparency, displaying side-by-side ‘sell’ and ‘market’ quotes
- Post trade analysis; no more paper trails
- Addresses intersection of payments, social and mobile
- Transfer monetary value and content across any social or messaging platform
- Technology easily customized and embedded into partners’ solutions
Enables transfer of money, airtime, coupons and any other value across any social network or messaging platform.
Vince has extensive experience in the TMT industry with a global focus on mobile and payments.
- Virtual safety-deposit box
- Banking customers can upload, sort and store personal and business documents
- Customers can automatically save and back up the latest version of important documents
Customers can easily bank online with important documents automatically filed after just one click
- Unprecedented collaboration opportunities for banks
- Marketing platform for innovators to showcase their latest innovations to banks
- A go-to-destination for market-ready, banking innovations online
It’s an innovation-matchmaking site for banks and innovators globally.
- Making personal finance effortless
- Consume data in a personalized feed
- Insights into your personal finance
Makes personal finance fun, beautiful and convenient for the first time!
- Funtastic finance management UI
- Fully featured apps on phones, the desktop and everything in between
- Available worldwide
“DataVault is an electronic safety deposit box that allows banking customers to upload, sort and store personal and business documents in one secure place. Now customers can bank online with important documents just a click away.”
FinovateAsia is typically our most globally diverse show, and this year is no different. Two weeks from now, we will showcase 37 demos from companies spanning the globe that are innovating in everything from remittance to small business tools to back office solutions and much more.
Given that diversity, we thought it would be fun put together a map showing the geographic spread of the demoing companies that will take the stage (click the map to enlarge).
Here’s the breakdown of the number of companies from each region:
- Asia: 12
- Europe: 11
- North America: 9
- Africa: 1
- Oceania: 2
- Middle East: 2
To refresh your memory, the list of the companies that we’ve hand-picked to show off their new technology at the Max Atria @ Singapore Expo on November 14, include:
To see live demos of the new technology, meet the entrepreneurs responsible, and network with others in the industry, get your ticket to FinovateAsia here. If you have questions about the show, check out who is attending or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may have seen the list of FinovateAsia demoing companies we released a few weeks ago. Here are more details on the 32 companies demoing November 14 at the MAX Atria @ Singapore Expo. Get your ticket here to be part of the crowd.
Stay tuned for our Sneak Peek series next month featuring a behind-the-scenes look at each company and chance meet the innovators.
“Online business loan PreApprover is a customer-driven, self-service tool that identifies suitable loan customers from unsuccessful applicants with minimal effort from the bank. PreApprover reduces the amount of resources spent on the screening process and enables more business customers to apply for loans.”
FinovateFall 2013 is right around the corner. That means it’s time to start getting to know the entrepreneurs and innovators that will be presenting their technologies on stage in New York City in September.
Remember, the early bird deadline is this Friday, August 2nd. So to reserve your spot and register now.
Narrative Science enables companies to uncover the insight hidden in their data and create new content at a scale and frequency never before possible.
South Africa-based Luminous has a suite of products to make the lives of financial institution employees easier. Its BankFiling solution, which it launched at FinovateFall in September of last year, is no exception.
Last week, we sat down with the Head of Global Sales for Luminous, Andrew Buchanan, to get a closer look at the BankFiling platform. Here are a few things we learned.
- Founded in 2007
- Headquarters in South Africa
- Offers four products in addition to BankFiling, including:
– Insights– Business Money Manager– Personal Money Manager– Merchant Insights
In a Gartner-approved case study, a bank* that implemented BankFiling reported:
- A net present value of BankFiling over 5 years is $36 million
- Time saved by bank employees using BankFiling adds up to $20 million over 5 years
- Before a loan is offered, prospective borrowers can see if they pre-qualify for a loan before they even apply (see loan eligibility notice to the right).
- After the bank offers a loan, the borrower uploads their accounting data every month so that the lender can track their progress. This provides feedback to the borrower and helps lessen the risk to the bank.
- Takes away the initial fear-factor of applying for a loan by removing the potential embarrassment of being rejected (see rejection notice to the right)
- Provides the borrower with a monthly health check of their business’ finances.
- Reports a benchmark on how the borrower is doing against their competitors based on the accounting data they’ve submitted compared to data from others in their industry.
- Enables the bank to extend a better borrowing rate because of the frequent communication between the borrower and lender.
- Encourages more small businesses to apply and borrow because the pre-loan qualification feature removes the fear of rejection.
- Saves money on manual process such as calculating ratios and manually capturing a borrower’s financial information via email and phone calls.
- Provides lenders with a better view of clients’ financial health (see lender dashboard below), so they have less risk on their books.
- Enhances the relationship between the lender and borrower by providing a larger window into customers’ finances; enabling the lender to cross-sell and up-sell more effectively.
Luminous will soon be able to sell BankFiling as two distinct offerings to match the different use cases mentioned above. It also plans to automate the manual, monthly accounting data upload process by integrating with accounting software such as Xero, Quicken, Sage, and FreeAgent (with the client’s permission).
To learn more about Luminous, watch its FinovateEurope 2013 demo.
*The bank in the case study has 50,000 loans worth $20 billion
- TIO Networks launches mobile payment app for Mobilicity.
- PayPal signs on to the ePayments Code released by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC code, which replaces EFT code).
- CNN Money reviews Mint and HelloWallet side-by-side.
- CNN Money names BillShrink as best app to manage your money.
- Flint Mobile announces partnership with NXGEN subsidiary Fidano to support mobile payment adoption.
- Through partnership with Luminous, Nihilent to sell Luminous’ solutions in India.
- IDentity Theft 911 expands service partnership with VyStar Credit Union.
- Cofounder of TransferWise, Taavet Hinrikus writes in the Wall Street Journal about the importance of team-building for successful CEOs.
- Bank Innovation profiles Monitise.
- MSPmentor reveals some interesting stats from PaySimple.
- U.S. Bank is first major bank in the U.S. to roll out Mitek-powered mobile photo billpay.
- Luminous considers its experience demoing BankFiling at FinovateEurope.
- New Zealand Herald reports Xero becomes billion dollar company.
- CU Times reports Fiserv integrates Popmoney P2P payment tool with its mobile banking app.
- Henri Dura to take post of CEO of GMC Software Technology.
- IBS Intelligence ranks Temenos T24 #1 in its 2013 Sales League Table.
- DeviceFidelity raises more than $470,000 in funding.
- VoiceTrust and Finantix partner to provide voice-driven, secure mobile solutions.
- Upstart Business Journal reports ShopKeep and LevelUp partner to keep up with the competition.
- FamZoo introduces Family Pack of prepaid cards through partnership with TransCard.
- Monitise collaborates with Blackberry & Permatabank to launch mobile payments service on Blackberry Messenger in Indonesia.
- Lend Academy features Interview with New Prosper CEO Stephan Vermut.
- SafetyPay partners with Computop to offer SafetyPay as part of its Paygate payment platform.
- EnStream to enable the support of SecureKey’s authentication, identity & online payment solutions on mobile phones in Canada.
- Virtual Piggy & WorldPay integrate to deliver youth payment solution internationally.
- Luminous partners with Nihilent Technologies to sell Luminous’ solutions in India.
- Tuition.io featured in this week’s Venture Capital program.
- Mortgagebot expands space in Mequon with lease for new building.
- PayPal to stop personal payments in Singapore on February 20 due to regulatory instructions.
- iMore.com interviews Kashoo CEO Jim Secord at MacWorld|iWorld 2013.
- TSYS announces acquisition of NetSpend in deal worth more than $1 billion.
- ProfitStars announces year-over-year growth in P2P users, payments for its iPay Solutions service.
- Metaforic’s product line now available for mobile apps written in Objective-C, the most commonly used language on iOS platform.
- Delaware Online hails eDeposit as a boon for small businesses.
- ACI Worldwide launches ACI Proactive Risk Manager to help FIs detect payment fraud.
- Bazaarvoice builds new research and development unit, Bazaarvoice Media Labs.
- Jack Henry & Associates add remote deposit capture to Android and iPhone versions of goDough app.
- Opencart announces full integration of Klarna invoice and partial payment system.