In the first quarter of 2014, 23 Finovate alums raised more than $592 million
And as the second quarter draws to a close, it’s clear that a comparable cohort of alums have kept the pace.
Over the course April, May, and June, 28 alums raised significant amounts of capital ranging from Gremln’s $100,000 to the $65 million raised by Lending Club. The quarterly total of $594 million is almost exactly
the same as the previous quarter.
And given that some amounts are undisclosed (I’m talking about you, Holvi, RevolutionCredit, and Tuition.io), we’re confident that Finovate alums have notched their second $600 million fund-raising quarter in a row.
How does this compare with the less recent past? Very well, indeed.
Total raised for Q2 2014 = $594 million
April — $217 million raised by 11 companies
May — $226 million raised by 11 companies
June — $151 million raised by six companies
Note: Funding prior to becoming a Finovate alum not included. Questions? Comments? Email us at David@Finovate.com or Julie@Finovate.com
On the heels of this week’s rumors of Square’s possible IPO or acquisition, ShopKeep POS is taking its place in the in the iPad-based POS system spotlight.
Today, the New York-based company announced it raised $25 million in Series C funding.
Contributing investors include:
- Thayer Street Partners
- Tribeca Venture Partners
- TTV Capital
- Contour Venture Partners
- Canaan Partners
- Tom Glocer
- Matt Coffin
ShopKeep, which is proud of its New York roots and already has an international office in Belfast, is looking to open an office on the west coast. It will also use the funding to expand on its product with analytics can be accessed anywhere.
The funding will also help with the growth spirt ShopKeep is expecting from all of the POS systems currently running Windows XP. Since Microsoft is no longer providing support for that operating system, merchants using it will need to seek out a different option.
To see a live demo of ShopKeep POS in action, check it out at FinovateFall 2012.
- eToro to allow its members to invest and trade in bitcoin.
- CaixaBank enables cardholders to make transaction-based, charitable micro-donations.
- PhotoPay wins spot in this year’s FinTech Innovation Lab London. See them in action at FinovateEurope.
- Flint Mobile, BillGuard both featured in Forbes column on companies “moving global commerce forward.”
- miiCard and Axiomatika partner to power identity verification solutions for the Russian financial industry.
- CoverHound grows 533% Year over Year in 2013 and Promotes Keith Moore to CEO.
- ShopKeep POS launches ShopKeep Mobile for iPod Touch.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.