On the heels of this week’s rumors of Square’s possible IPO or acquisition, ShopKeep POS is taking its place in the in the iPad-based POS system spotlight.
Today, the New York-based company announced it raised $25 million in Series C funding.
Contributing investors include:
- Thayer Street Partners
- Tribeca Venture Partners
- TTV Capital
- Contour Venture Partners
- Canaan Partners
- Tom Glocer
- Matt Coffin
ShopKeep, which is proud of its New York roots and already has an international office in Belfast, is looking to open an office on the west coast. It will also use the funding to expand on its product with analytics can be accessed anywhere.
The funding will also help with the growth spirt ShopKeep is expecting from all of the POS systems currently running Windows XP. Since Microsoft is no longer providing support for that operating system, merchants using it will need to seek out a different option.
To see a live demo of ShopKeep POS in action, check it out at FinovateFall 2012.
- eToro to allow its members to invest and trade in bitcoin.
- CaixaBank enables cardholders to make transaction-based, charitable micro-donations.
- PhotoPay wins spot in this year’s FinTech Innovation Lab London. See them in action at FinovateEurope.
- Flint Mobile, BillGuard both featured in Forbes column on companies “moving global commerce forward.”
- miiCard and Axiomatika partner to power identity verification solutions for the Russian financial industry.
- CoverHound grows 533% Year over Year in 2013 and Promotes Keith Moore to CEO.
- ShopKeep POS launches ShopKeep Mobile for iPod Touch.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.