Congratulations to the trio of companies that earned Best of Show honors from our FinovateAsia 2018 audience. This year’s selections reflect two key themes in fintech: the importance of enabling banks with the resources they need to empower SMEs to better serve their customers, and the rise of intelligent virtual assistants to improve efficiency and enhance the customer experience.
Arival Bank for its ArivalOS digital banking platform that integrates a full suite of third party fintech products tailored for SMEs, including bank accounts, money transfers, debit cards, mPOS, factoring, and lending.
Avaloq for its platform that provides seamless access to fintech solutions via a “double marketplace” that brings the app store concept to banking.
Voca.ai for its human-friendly, virtual intelligent agent for financial services call centers that helps drive lead generation, cross-sales, notifications, scheduling, and more.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The three companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named “Best of Show.”
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners through 2014. Best of Show winners from our 2015 through 2018 conferences are below:
A look at the companies demoing live at FinovateAsia on October 29 and 30, 2018 in Hong Kong. Register today and save your spot.
Arival is the first digital fintech bank for SMEs. Arival partners with some of the best names in fintech to deliver awesome products tailored for businesses. Arival makes running a business easy.
- Supports 100% online business account opening from any part of the world
- Provides access to digital banking products handpicked for SMEs
- Integrates the best fintechs to create an amazing banking experience
Why it’s great
Imagine if all your favorite fintechs existed inside your bank and you never had to go searching for another financial product or service again.
Jeremy Berger, Chief Operating Officer
Berger is a young entrepreneur with big dreams. Driven by resilience and an insatiable desire to create a legacy, Berger is on a mission to help businesses discover the new world of digital banking.
Igor Pesin, Co-Founder and CFO
Pesin is a Partner at Life.SREDA (Singapore), one of the first fintech-only VC funds in SE Asia with a portfolio of 25+ fintech startups. Pesin co-founded Arival, the first fintech bank for businesses.
- Our latest FinovateAsia Sneak Peeks are up. Meet
Around the web
- iSignthis announces its Tier 1 JCB card acquiring service is now live in the EU/EEA.
- CallVU to provide advanced biometric authentication technology to international credit card provider.
- Jumio reports sales growth of 130% year over year for the first three quarters of 2018.
- Capsilon teams up with Home Point Financial to streamline loan process.
- The latest upgrade of SecureSafe features desktop encryption. In German.
- NICE Actimize launches X-Sight, a financial crime risk management platform-as-a-service solution.
- Alloy and Socure partner to automate digital identity verification and onboarding for financial institutions.
- PayStand expands operations to Mexico, forms regional partnership with StartupGDL.
- Tinkoff Bank adds 26 new currencies for its Black Card customers.
- Identitii launches Overlay+ to enable Know Your Transaction.
- Jack Henry & Associates acquires BOLTS Technologies for its digital account opening solution.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.