- On Budget wins 2014 Paybefore Award as “One to Watch.”
- FinovateEurope: Behind the Scenes with CRIF, Mobino, and SaaS Markets.
- United Bank Limited picks VoiceTrust for voice biometrics.
- InComm partners with Asia-based Money Online to launch POS-activated gift card mall solutions in Southeast Asia.
- Rezzcard to integrate with InComm’s Cashtie to enable Rezzcard cardholders to pay their rent in cash at over 70,000 retail locations.
- American Banker reports: Western Union to use NICE Customer Analytics. Come see its new tech at FinovateSpring.
- Xero reaches 100,000 paying customers in Australia.
- Check out an interview with BRIDGEi2i Director and Co-Founder, Ashish Sharma.
- SecondMarket considering U.S.-based bitcoin exchange.
- Live Gamer customers to get access to MasterCard’s MasterPass digital payment service.
- authenticID enhances ID proofing technology to help combat cloned credit card fraud.
- Green Dot wins top honors in four categories at 2014 Paybefore awards.
- Global Banking & Finance Review takes a look at Kalixa Group’s American expansion.
Here’s more “behind-the-scenes” coverage of some of the companies that presented at FinovateEurope 2014.
If you missed our previous installment from last week, click here to read “FinovateEurope: Behind the Scenes with AdviceGames, Nous.net, and Yseop.”
- More than $106 million in equity
- More than 2,400 financial institutions use CRIF technologies daily
- More than 1,500 employees/associates worldwide
- Total revenues in 2012 were 285 million euros
- Founded in Italy, CRIF recently celebrated its 25th anniversary
ing point about our relationship with our banks:
“(Online banking) was marketed toward us as banking without waiting. But in the end we do all the work, and the bank is not available when we need them. They are there when we need credit or want to buy a house or set up investments. But when we just want to do the basic movements of money that are paired with daily life, the banks are really in the background.”
This post is part of our live coverage of FinovateEurope 2014.
Making their way to the stage is the team from SaaS Markets with their Enterprise Cloud Marketplace Platform for financial companies.
“Saas Markets’ MarketMaker platform allows financial companies to deploy a fully branded cloud marketplace containing proprietary apps and/or selected software from our catalog of over 1,500+ pre-qualified business applications, plus other cloud products and services – all in one convenient marketplace for your employees or business customers.”
While we’re busy polishing up the details for FinovateEurope 2014, we wanted to keep our Sneak Peek series going. Below is the fifth installment of our series that gives a glimpse of what the companies will demo on stage February 11 and 12 in London. Don’t miss out on the action; get your ticket here today to see all of the demos live.
If you missed any of our earlier installments, take a look at FinovateEurope 2014 Sneak Peeks 1-4 below.
And now, meet another six companies who will be demoing next month at FinovateEurope 2014.
Arxan Technologies protects mobile apps from hackers and malware exploits with award-winning mobile app shielding products. Prevent fraud, unauthorized access and brand compromise with Arxan’s software security.
- Strengthens financial apps with self-defense and tamper-resistance
- Delivers comprehensive and multi-OS application hardening
- Deployed at the end of software development without changes to source code
Arxan provides global Fortune 500 companies with the world’s strongest and most deployed application protection to launch multi-OS mobile services.
- Lending sales mobile app integrating automated decision-making, information and downstream processes
- Mobile business intelligence for credit and lending
- Business user-friendly KPI tracking and fine-tuning
Combines lending via mobile devices with agile, business user-friendly technology to make smarter decisions in the moment.
- First European “All-in-one” platform for SMEs including Internet Banking, accountancy and cashflow analysis module.
- Works in the cloud
- On web, tablets and other mobile devices
This transaction system for SMEs connected with cloud accountancy systems and a company’s cashflow analysis changed the way of thinking in the banking sector about products for business.
- Easy integration of payment functionality
- Combine shopper wallets and Chip & PIN
- Work with different hardware and payment providers
Prior to founding payworks, Christian was responsible for building the South East Asian business of PAYRETO, a managed services company for payment providers.
- Superior alternative to traditional credit scoring
- More holistic assessment of a borrower’s creditworthiness
- Enables lenders to more accurately assess the risk of borrowers
KreditAja.com’s proprietary credit scoring system aims to produce a more holistic assessment of a borrower’s creditworthiness via incorporating multiple data sources, including social media.
- Reduce software costs with a centralized app marketplace solution
- Give your employees and/or your SME customers all of the cloud-based tools they need to succeed
- Increase IT security and control
SaaS Markets’ MarketMaker platform–the leading cloud marketplace platform for financial companies.
Stay tuned next Monday, when we’ll bring you six more previews of the hottest in European fintech.
A week ago we introduced you to half of the companies that will be demoing their technologies on stage for FinovateEurope 2014.
Today we’re providing the second half of our scheduled roster for February.
This post is part of our live coverage of FinovateAsia 2013.
Our second presenter of FinovateAsia 2013 is SaaS Markets. The team from San Mateo is here to show the MarketMaker Enterprise App Store Platform for Financial Companies.
“SaaS Markets’ MarketMaker Enterprise app store platform allows financial companies to deploy a fully branded app store containing your proprietary apps and/or selected software from our catalog of over 1,500+ pre-qualified business applications.”
FinovateAsia is typically our most globally diverse show, and this year is no different. Two weeks from now, we will showcase 37 demos from companies spanning the globe that are innovating in everything from remittance to small business tools to back office solutions and much more.
Given that diversity, we thought it would be fun put together a map showing the geographic spread of the demoing companies that will take the stage (click the map to enlarge).
Here’s the breakdown of the number of companies from each region:
- Asia: 12
- Europe: 11
- North America: 9
- Africa: 1
- Oceania: 2
- Middle East: 2
To refresh your memory, the list of the companies that we’ve hand-picked to show off their new technology at the Max Atria @ Singapore Expo on November 14, include:
To see live demos of the new technology, meet the entrepreneurs responsible, and network with others in the industry, get your ticket to FinovateAsia here. If you have questions about the show, check out who is attending or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Finovate, we’ve seen how great innovation comes from companies of all ages. All we have to do is look at the Best of Show winners from FinovateAsia 2012. The founding dates of the winners ranged from 1858 (NAB, the parent company of UBank) to 2012 (SocietyOne).
We don’t know who will win Best of Show at FinovateAsia in Singapore this year, but looking at the launch date of the 37 companies taking the stage November 14, we found a 28-year spread.
Here they are in reverse chronological order with funding amounts, if disclosed:
- Arkalogic: 2013
- BlueKite: 2013
Total Funding: $1.5 million Seed funding
- Dragon Wealth: 2013
- LifePAD: 2013
- Matchi: 2013
- ArthaYantra: 2012
- BRIDGEi2i: 2011
- i-exceed: 2011
- KlickEx: 2011
Total Funding: $1.3 million
- Mambu: 2011
Total Funding: $2 million Series A
- Mobino: 2011
- Red Zebra: 2011
- SaaS Markets: 2011
- SinoLending: 2011
- Smart Engine: 2011
- Tootpay: 2011
- Mobexo: 2010
- App Annie: 2009
Total Funding: $22 million
- Payoneer: 2007
- CustomerXPs Software: 2006
Total Funding: $4 million Series A
- Backbase: 2003
- Serverside: 2003
- TradeNet: 1999
- Yodlee: 1999
Total Funding: $124 million
- BehavioSec: 1998
Total Funding: $2 million (€1.5 million)
- IND Group: 1997
- TIBCO Software: 1997
Public NASDAQ: TIBX
- GMC Software Technology: 1994
- TSYS: 1993
- Pixeliris: 1989
- Kofax: 1985
Public LON: KFX
All numbers and funding information sourced from Crunchbase.com
You may have seen the list of FinovateAsia demoing companies we released a few weeks ago. Here are more details on the 32 companies demoing November 14 at the MAX Atria @ Singapore Expo. Get your ticket here to be part of the crowd.
Stay tuned for our Sneak Peek series next month featuring a behind-the-scenes look at each company and chance meet the innovators.
Up next is SaaS Markets. The enterprise app store company has developed a platform that allows FIs to build, brand, and launch their app store in weeks rather than months.
“SaaS Market’s MarketMaker Enterprise App Store Platform allows financial companies to deploy a fully branded app store containing your proprietary apps and/or selected software from our catalog of over 1,500+ pre-qualified business applications.”
There’s no better way to get to know the companies that will be on stage at FinovateFall 2013 than our Sneak Peek series. If you’ve missed an edition or two, click on the links beow to read earlier installments of our preview.
- FinovateFall2013 Sneak Peek, Part 1
- FinovateFall 2013 Sneak Peek, Part 2
- FinovateFall 2013 Sneak Peek, Part 3
This year, FinovateFall will take place on September 10 and 11, at the Manhattan Center in New York. Find out more about the event here.
- Create sub-cards with any name
- Link bank accounts and set up automatic allowances
- Deliver money to a card with immediate access to funds
- Dynamic search of 15,000 industries
- Real-time business valuation scoreboard
- Online dashboard to monitor and manage your value with a 17-page report
- Build Your Own Motif – a collection of up to 30 securities trading real-time for only $9.95.
- Feature it in Motif’s Community Catalog
- The most comprehensive database of invoice scams
- Real-time access through secure website or customized API
- Automatic updates
phony invoice scams every year. Protect your money. Stop invoice fraud.
- Transforms credit decisioning
- Helps creditors identify upwardly mobile customers
- Offers just-in-time consumer financial capability development
- Win new customers
- Generate additional revenue and reduce churn
- Gain new insights
- Eliminates hours spent analyzing data
- Compares your business to the competition
- Shows you what you’re doing well and what to fix
- Accurate, effortless, and instantaneous multi-factor user recognition
- Securely avoids vulnerable PINs/passwords and other biometrics