- The Future of Media blog refers to CLOVR Media as a disrupter in the industry.
- Mindful Money lists Zopa as an alternative to receiving bank funding.
- Josh Reich, CEO of BankSimple, speaks up on why he thinks traditional banks suck.
- ProfitStars introduces Gladiator Enterprise Security Monitoring Module for NetTeller online banking clients.
- Wonga CEO named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for eCommerce, UK.
- CU Times reports MShift helps Alaska CU provide iPhone and Android Apps to its customers.
- PayPal to Open a brick-and-mortar pop-up store in Manhattan.
- edo Interactive is awarded DMA Innovation Award.
- Lendio’s partnership with Prosper will facilitate small business funding.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
Finishing off today’s morning session, BankSimple publicly demonstrated its product for the first time:
“It’s a fast, easy-to-use web and mobile experience with advanced features such as a prominent Safe-To-Spend balance, fast natural language search, adjustable savings goals and much more.”
Product Launched: Soon
HQ Location: Portland, OR
Company Founded: October 2009
Metrics: $13M raised, 17 employees
Presenting Joshua Reich (CEO & Co-Founder) & Adam Erlebacher (VP Product Marketing & Operations)