Meet the Fantastic Five – the top vote-getters in this year’s Best of Show voting at FinovateFall 2018.
There’s a lot to love about the companies that took home top honors at this year’s autumn event. Maybe you are a fan of financial literacy, and believe that the best way to ensure a happy financial future is to invest in financial education at an early age. Perhaps you are looking for ways to better engage the customers at your bank or credit union, providing them with more personalized, intuitive solutions to improve their financial lives.
From the challenge of helping aging parents manage their finances and avoid scams to innovative strategies to turn everyday purchases into investments in the stock market, the Best of Show winners of FinovateFall 2018 are a diverse group. And that diversity reflects the fascinating breadth of what it means to be a fintech company today.
With that, let’s meet our Fantastic Five. Four of them are Finovate newcomers and the fifth, Meniga, is both a long time alum and multiple Best of Show award winner.
Banzai for its industry-leading, turnkey, CRA eligible, experience-based learning solutions that help users master personal finance. Video.
Bond.AI for its human-centered AI platform, powered by the world’s first “Empathy Engine,” that helps banks better understand user behavior and encourage them to improve their financial health. Video.
Bumped for its technology that enables brands to give their customers free stock for their purchases, turning loyal shoppers and spenders into shareholders. Video.
Golden for its Financial Caregiving app and website that socializes wealth and daily money management across generations, helping 75 million baby boomers who are taking financial care of their 50 million senior parents. Video.
Meniga for its white-label, digital banking solutions that enable banks to build customer engagement and help customers improve their financial lives. Video.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The five companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named “Best of Show.”
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners through 2014. Best of Show winners from our 2015 through 2018 conferences are below: