Going into this year’s tally of FinovateSpring 2015 ballots, it was anybody’s guess which companies had won the hearts and minds of our attendees and would take home one of our coveted Best of Show awards.
But after two days of great demonstrations of the latest in fintech innovation from companies near and far, the votes are in, and we want to be among the first to congratulate those startups and industry veterans whose technologies wowed our record-setting crowd at the City National Civic in San Jose, Calif., this week.
Congratulations to the Best of Show winners for FinovateSpring 2015, listed in alphabetical order:
Alpha Payments Cloud, for AlphaHub, its omnichannel access platform that helps banks, merchants, MSPs, and ISOs gain access to any solution-provider in the world.
Avoka, for Avoka Transact for Financial Services, which combines social, cloud services, and crowdsourcing into the world’s fastest credit card application.
Money Amigo, for its technology that brings financial services to the underbanked and underserved, delivering traditional banking products in an innovative way.
Moven, for its Moven Financial Health Platform, providing real-time contextualized notifications and interactions that create “gamified money moments.”
NAMU Systems, for its “Joyful Banking” which uses new and intelligent behavior-modeling to focus on customer behavior and digital experiences to create a new standard in mobile banking.
Shoeboxed, for its Receipt Capture for Banks solution, which boosts the functionality of online and mobile banking apps while providing fraud protection.
Stratos, for its dynamic Stratos Bluetooth Connected Card and Digital Card Issuance Platform that analyzes card-usage trends and interactively engages card members.
We hope you enjoyed the show! As always, thanks to everyone who attended and participated in FinovateSpring 2015. We’ll see you next year!
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The seven companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named “Best of Show.”
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.