It is hard to believe that it is almost time for FinovateSpring 2014.
There’s still plenty of time for you to get your tickets to our upcoming event in San Jose, California on April 29 and 30. Our final Sneak Peek preview post is up, all the companies who were prepping under the radar are now out of stealth, and we can’t wait for you to see what this year’s spring crop of fintech entrepreneurs and innovators has in store.
Before we do, however, let’s take a moment to take a look back at last year’s FinovateSpring alums. As we scrolled through blog archives, several themes jumped out: the appetite for startups remains as passionate as ever, with three of our Spring 2013 alums being acquired by such financial sector potentates as Intuit and PayPal. And venture capitalists continue to see innovation in this space as a more than worthwhile investment, with 20 separate fundings for Spring 2013 alums
- CardFlight secures $1.6 million in seed funding from ff Venture Capital
- Encap earns seven-figure investment from ProVenture Seed
- EyeVerify earns $2.3 million in Series A funding
- Jemstep raises $4.5 million in Series A round
- Kabbage brings in $270 million in debt financing to provide small businesses with funding of their own
- Kabbage brings in $75 MIllion in debt financing
- Leaf raises $20 million from Heartland Payment Systems
- Alternative lender LendUp raises $14 million in new funding
- D3 Banking creator Lodo Software Brings in $3 million
- Narrative Science secures $11.5 million in Series C funding
- OpenCoin wins investment from Google Ventures, IDG Capital Partners
- P2BInvestor raises $1.2 million in Series A round
- PayNearMe leverages Family Dollar Partnership; raises $20 million
- PayNearMe raises $10 million in Series D funding, launches Express Merchant Onboarding Option
- Prestadero raises 5 million pesos ($400,000 USD) in first round of funding
- Quantopian raises $6.7 million in Series A round
- Realty Mogul raises $9 million in round led by Canaan Partners
- SeedInvest raises $2 million in crowdfunded investment campaign
- SeedInvest Raises $1 million in round Led by Jumpstart New Jersey Angel Network
- Zooz Closes $2 million Series A round Led by XSeed Capital
- Arxan Technologies wins in the Products and Services Excellence category of the Infosecurity Global Excellence Awards.
- Banno CEO Wade Arnold wins CEO of the Year Award from Technology Association of Iowa.
- Better ATM Services wins 2013 Paybefore Award for Visa prepaid gift card program.
- EyeVerify wins first place at International Startup Competition.
- Finect provides winning entry for Web Marketing Association’s WebAward 2013.
- IntelliReponse wins bronze in Best in Biz Awards’ Most Innovative Product of the Year category for 2013.
- IntelliResponse wins 2013 CRM Excellence Award from CUSTOMER magazine.
- Kofax Mobile Capture platform wins “Elegant Implementation” category of Housing-Wire magazine’s HW TECH 100.
- LICUOS wins Innotribe Startup Disrupt competition at Next Bank Madrid.
- MoneyDesktop marketing video wins 2013 Telly Award.
- Keith Kelly, Mortgage Harmony CEO, awarded a Tech All-Star Award by Mortgage Banking Magazine.
- NICE Systems makes Fast Company’s
list of the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.
- OneID wins 2013 North America Frost & Sullivan Award for New Product Innovation.
- Virtual Piggy (Oink) receives Frost & Sullivan Excellence in Best Practices Award.
- Yseop Artificial Intelligence Software honored as French National Champion for European Business Awards.