- The company enjoyed a 800% increase in mobile eGift Cards purchased compared to 2011
- Brands with mobile-optimized eGift Card websites outperformed non mobile-optimized websites in purchases by smartphone by more than 50% in December 2012
- Brands from mobile-optimized sites earned 3,700% more in sales in 2012
- Cachet Financial Solutions integrates with CU Mobile Apps, a provider of mobile banking solutions.
- Finextra reports SafetyPay opens up to German-speaking markets.
- Lendio reports 2012 growth metrics.
- Expensify listed as 1 of 4 apps to helps save and manage your money.
- TechFaster interviews BillGuard CMO Mary Anne Keegan.
- Business Insider interviews Josh Reich, Simple founder and CEO.
- Xero makes Bank Reconciliation available to Android users.
- edo Interactive’s new Marketplace platform targets small, local businesses.
- Check out Finovate’s infographic of FinovateEurope 2013 innovation themes.
- Billhighway named as finalist in the 2013 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service.
- SigFig-powered USA Today Money Portfolio Tracker launches
in app store.
- CashStar reports record holiday season; 800% increase in mobile eGift Card purchases.
- Continuity Control partners with Community BancService Corporation.
- TSYS technology at work in Visa’s Saral Money program in India.
- Rabobank launches Figlo-powered widgets for online banking homepage.
- BrightScope ranks top 25 law firms with highest-rated 401(k) plans.
Here is a list of all the funding Finovate alumni received over the course of 2012.
- A total of 44 companies received funding, some more than once in 2012
- Combined, more than $450 million was raised
- The best quarter for raising capital was the first quarter when more than $150 was raised
- The biggest funding month this year was March, with more than $68 million raised by three companies
August was the biggest funding month of the third quarter. Six companies raised more than $49 million, led by FreeMonee, which alone raised $34 million.
In addition to the eight companies listed below, On Deck Capital raised $100 million in credit facility commitments in late August.
Here’s the Q3 summary for 2012:
July — $6 million raised by 2 companies
August — More than $49 million raised by 6 companies
- DemystData: (undisclosed) — blog post
- FutureAdvisor: $5 million — blog post
- FreeMonee: $34 million — blog post
- The Currency Cloud: $3.1 million — blog post
- CashStar: $5 million — blog post
- Continuity Control: $2.25 million – blog post
- Finextra features Simple (formerly BankSimple).
- HID Global and BehavioSec join forces to add new layer of protection to fraud detection system.
- Entrepreneurial Finance Lab reflects on FinovateAsia.
- Personal Capital working with Pershing Advisor Solutions to make the sign-up process for investment clients even easier.
- Lending Club debuts low-interest, fixed-rate personal loan platform to Indiana residents.
- CashStar partners with Punchbowl to provide eGift-enabled digital greeting cards.
- Payelp Global partners with SafetyPay to expand online payment options for merchants and customers worldwide.
- Enloop releases the next generation of its business planning app to help entrepreneurs plan businesses.
- Social Money announces launch of new product, CorePro, with a new partner, The Bancorp.
- Tradeshift announces partnership with Verbella CMG, an SAP Content mgmt. solutions provider.
- Anton Commissaris, a founding exec of Mint.com, joins Credit Sesame as COO.
- Betterment enhances advice for life goals.
- Capital Access Network names advisory board to guide launch and growth of latest offering to small businesses, CapTap.
- CNBC reports CashStar, WEX partner to provide eGift card services.
- New partnership with Klarna helps 3dcart reach European customers.
- Compass Plus earns high ranking in annual PayX report.
- AdExchanger interviews Bazaarvoice Media GM Barkow.
- Team Bronson Moneymakers reviews Jingit.
- Tradeshift announces strategic partnership with PrimeRevenue SCF.
- Thomson Reuters launches mobile web app for investor relations.
- CashStar and Comet launch UK’s first comprehensive eGift card program.
- PaySimple appoints former PayPal employee Andrew Lanthier as CTO.
- Upstart Business Journal looks at the approach Kabbage and Lighter Capital take on small business financing.
- Q2ebanking introduces Q2clarity, customizable analytics across mobile, online and security platform.
- Barron’s recommends using findabetterbank.com to cut bank fees.
- City AM reports Monitise user numbers quadrupled in the last year to 17m.
- Fast Company profiles Tuition.io.
- For the second consecutive year, CashStar named 1 of the 2012 Best Places to Work in Maine.
- HelloWallet improves its web app.
- The WSJ compares The Currency Cloud, Currency Fair, Wonga & Nutmeg with Britain’s traditional banks. Come check out The Currency Cloud at FinovateFall in NYC September 12 & 13.
- My Bank Tracker reports on a Dwolla integration at a Pittsburgh-based supermarket chain.
- Virtual Piggy service will be integrated into Girly Stuff’s e-commerce launch. Check out Virtual Piggy at FinovateFall.
- FutureAdvisor raises $5 mil, launches 401(k) fee analyzer tool.
- Currensee and Direct FX form partnership.
- Jwaala and Truaxis team up to provide credit unions with StatementRewards platform. Come to FinovateFall to check out Truaxis’ live demo.
- Cortera launches B2B Purchase Insights solution to enable sales, marketing & finance execs to research & understand customers.
- American Banker reports: Guardian Analytics Offers Behavior-Based Fraud Prevention. Come to FinovateFall to check out its new technology.
- miiCard joins Open Identity Exchange to help develop online trust standards.
- Spa & wellness eGift cards by Spa Week available through CashStar’s B2B Partner Network.
- Verallia North America chooses Taulia to provide dynamic discounting to supplier network.
- Commercial Business Systems & RC Olmstead partner with MoneyDesktop. Come see MoneyDesktop’s live demo at FinovateFall.
- SoMoLend launches small business competition.
- Mashable features LearnVest. Check out their live demo at FinovateFall.
- Passport Capital
- FTV Capital
- Steven Boal, Co-founder and Chairman of CashStar, and president and CEO of Coupons.com
This installment brings the Portland, Maine-based company’s total funding to over $26 million.
CashStar will use the funding to expand its focus in mobile and social media.
To learn more about CashStar, watch its FinovateFall 2011 demo.