As we prepare to bring FinovateAsia to Singapore November 14, we researched the funding of six Asia-based companies who demoed at FinovateAsia last year. Combined, these companies raised more than $215 million from a variety of investors:
BankBazaar, a credit processing platform that allows banks to offer consumers 7-minute credit eApproval on retail credit products.
creates technology that proactively senses cross-sell, attrition, customer engagement and fraud in real-time.
enables real-time analysis of big data from consumers and SMBs, allowing for improved interactions as a result of richer, more relevant information.
- Venture Round: undisclosed amount from VentureLab
- Series A: undisclosed amount from Accion and Arbor Ventures
- FinovateAsia 2012 demo
provides real-time financial information, news analytics, trend matrix, and heat maps for coverage of markets, companies, and businesses.
, a virtual trading community where the system models trades and ranks trader performance by proven returns on investment.
, an information technology, consulting, and outsourcing company that delivers solutions to enable its clients to do business better.
- Total of $205 million from cMango, Gallagher Financial Systems, Science Applications International Corp., and Promax Application Group
- FinovateAsia 2012 demo
The funding for these companies comes from a diverse set of investors, many of whom are based in Asia. Janus recently published a piece outlining venture funding options available to Singapore companies. For the most part, Singapore’s equity financing scene is quite similar to the U.S., but there are a few significant differences:
- The VC scene in Singapore is small compared to the U.S. and Europe
- Singapore’s government actively pursues VC firms to invest in Singapore startups and entices them with tax and other monetary benefits
- There are more than 100 VC firms in the city today
- Many VC firms in Singapore focus on late-stage expansion financing, but some offer financing for early-stage startups
- Types of VC firms in Singapore range from independent limited partnership to corporate-backed firms
- Singapore VCs are attracted to services, manufacturing and the high-tech industry
At this year’s FinovateAsia, while not all demoing companies are looking for funding, each will show up to the MAX Atria @ Singapore Expo stage with their newest technology. Want to learn more? Check out FinovateAsia homepage or get your ticket here to be a part of the event.