There are still “i’s” to be dotted and “t’s” to be crossed: the acquisition is subject to both approval from shareholders and regulators. But assuming all goes well on those fronts, the deal is expected to close by the end of 2014 or, at the latest, in the first quarter of 2015.
One of the great things about FinDEVr is the way it gives us the opportunity to get to know both new companies and innovators as well as see familiar companies and innovators in new and exciting ways.
To this end, here is the first of three looks at another fifteen innovators who will be taking the stage on September 30, Day One of FinDEVr.
BehavioSec is a leader in frictionless behavioral user verification & authentication. BehavioSec examines how you interact with a website or mobile device to provide a frictionless layer in web fraud prevention.
- Frictionless web or mobile fraud prevention via behavioral biometrics
- Lite touch integration to deliver a new layer in security for web and mobile platforms
Bluefin Payment Systems is a leading FinTech company focused on processing, integrating, and securing payments. Bluefin offers P2PE, tokenization, mobile payment SDK’s, payment gateways, merchant accounts, PCI Compliance, transparent redirect, recurring billing, and branded online merchant account enrollment.
- Your software doesn’t need to be PCI Compliant if you implement Bluefin’s P2PE Solution.
- Add P2PE to webpages/applications using keyboard emulation or HID version.
CardFlight is a leading provider of mobile POS technology and tools that makes it easy for anyone to accept swiped (card present) payments in any mobile app with virtually any merchant account. They offer both iOS/Android mobile payment applications and software development kits (SDKs) that can be incorporated into custom applications. CardFlight’s platform also includes encrypted card readers and a payment gateway that supports over 20 different processors, to provide clients with complete mobile payments and mobile POS (mPOS) solutions. CardFlight won the Electronic Transactions Association’s 2014 Technology Innovation Award.
- We provide iOS and Android SDKs and a credit card reader to add swiped credit card payments to your application.
- We process transactions through our PCI compliant gateway, eliminating your scope for PCI Compliance.
- We integrate with all major processors (Stripe, Braintree, Balanced, etc.)
Cloud Lending Inc., is an enterprise cloud lending solution provider. Our agile solutions are designed to empower lending businesses to simplify business processes, stay compliant an deb future ready.
- It is end-to-end and supports multiple loan types
- It is borrower focused
- It addresses regulatory changes in a matter of hours
Concur is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions trusted by over 25,000 clients around the globe with over 25 million users. The Concur Platform allows developers to develop and market innovative solutions to the lucrative $1.23 trillion business travel market.
- Access to 25 million business travelers
- Access to more than 25,000 businesses that use Concur
- Insight into over $55 billion dollars of annual T&E spend
- Concur partners with Uber to allow Concur users to link their accounts and automatically send Uber receipts to their expense reports.
- The Financial Brand looks at opportunity for banks and credit unions in the Loop Visa partnership.
- Open Bank Project making its API available during hackathon in September.
- TechCrunch explores Pellucid Analytics’ take on PowerPoint pitch books.
- Seed Me! Thinknum raises $1 million in seed funding round.
- Feature on robo-advisors highlights seven alums: Betterment, Financial Guard, FutureAdvisor, Jemstep, Personal Capital, SigFig, and Wealthfront.
- Macwelt reviews banking app Numbrs.
- Bank Systems & Technology points to Moven as a nontraditional financial service provider “gunning” for banks.
- Xero partners with MarketInvoice to bring faster funding to UK businesses.
- PayPal announces partnership with MyOrder to enable PayPal payments at 1,500 locations in the Netherlands.
- SecureKey launches new single-stack API integrations for card-present, card-not-present, and ACH transactions.
- Concur adds gamification features to TripLink, the company’s spend management solution.
- Expensify changes report submission and approval process for those using Expensify outside of an expense policy.
- Concur partners with Airbnb to make it easier for business travelers to file expenses when booking on Airbnb.
- RazorSocial takes a look at simplifying Google Analytics using Quill Engage from Narrative Science.
- Financial Guard featured in Investment News’ review of “robo-advisors” and online investment managers.
- Huffington Post: Pellucid Analytics turns data into content to make lives easier for investment bankers.
- Open Bank Project organizing fintech hackathon for Rabobank in The Netherlands.
- EFL surpasses 100,000 applications worldwide.
- SpendMatters considers benefits of B2B products such as Taulia and Tradeshift.
- eSignal to provide social media sentiment analytics courtesy of Market Prophit.
- IBM partners with Concur to deliver cloud-based travel and expense management solutions.
- Silicon Republic takes a look at TipRanks. Join TipRanks in San Francisco for FinovateSpring in May.
- QuantConnect adds crowd sentiment data courtesy of Estimize.com.
- DeviceFidelity’s patent portfolio grows with new NFC-based mobile wallet technology.
- The Valley Girl Show interviews Pageonce founder and CEO Guy Goldstein.
- Palo Alto Software launches LivePlan Scoreboard. Check out the demo at FinovateSpring.
- Newfination features Bethy Hardeman, Credit Karma Communications Director, who explains its different services.
- Concur App Center to offer cloud-based single sign-on from Ping Identity.
- Quantopian integrates data sets from Canadian financial search engine startup, Quandl. See Quantopian’s technology at work at FinovateSpring in May.
- Nomis Solutions partners with Recombo, integrates Discretion Manager with Agreement Express.
- Silicon Valley Business Journal interviews BillFloat CEO and co-founder Ryan Gilbert.
- Commercial Bank of Qatar to deploy latest version of TSYS card and merchant management platform.
- TransferWise wins “Best Middleweight Startup” at The Europas. See them demo at FinovateEurope in February!
- Concur rolls out new datacenters in France and the Netherlands.
- Santander receives 2012 Banking Technology Award for Best Security Initiative for its SIM swapping solution, developed with ValidSoft.
- Portland’s KATU.com features Simple.
- UK’s KashFlow integrates with Tradeshift to enable SMBs who use its cloud-based accounting software.
- The Paypers reports: Geezeo enters 2 new partnerships.
- VatorNews considers what’s next for Lending Club.
- Cachet Financial Solutions partners with Volunteer Corporate to provide mobile RDC to their 325 member CUs.
- Dwolla launches the ability to send money over Twitter.
- Planwise launches free online tool that’s like Google Maps for your money to visualize your future spending.
- Intuit-owned Mint to collaborate with Monitise to enhance banks’ mobile apps with Mint functionality.
- InComm buys majority stake in Adility. Financial terms have yet to be announced.
- Equity Administration Solutions collaborates with SecondMarket so clients can more easily manage shareholder information.
- PaySimple named Red Herring Global Top 100 winner.
- Mashable recommends using planwise.
- Wonga launches PayLater, a service that offers users financing deals on online purchases with certain retailers.
- BellaDati opens first international office in Seoul.
- Experian announces IntelliView, a web-based query, analysis and reporting tool that gives 24-7 access to quarterly consumer credit data.
- Diversinet’s mobiSecure SDK to power ultra-secure messaging in AirStrip Technology’s mHealth application.
- Acculynk’s Payzur heads west as Washington credit union offers P2P service to members.
- Long-term payments agreement announced between TSYS and Merrick Bank.
- Bible Money Matters takes a closer look at the merger between Zecco and TradeKing.
- BillFloat to provide handset financing options for MetroPCS customers.
- Virtual Piggy signs agreement with CardinalCommerce to integrate its youth payment tech into their Centinel Universal Merchant Platform through Cardinal.
- TechCrunch reports Concur to use Nor1’s eStandby Upgrade tech to make hotel offers available to their business travel customers via TripIt.
- Simple shows off Android app teaser on Twitter and Facebook. The app to launch early next year.
- TechCrunch reports Concur launches $150 mil “Perfect Trip Fund” to invest in travel startups; invests $2 mil in Evature’s Virtual Travel Agent.
- Investment News examines how Boulevard R is involving advisors in 401(k) discussions.
- Techgoondu lists 3 fintech startups from FinovateAsia to watch.
- The Digital Insurer reports Finovate Singapore – A very impressive conference for financial services technology.
- GigaOm reports: More startups let employees sell shares on SecondMarket amid IPO uncertainty.
- Tech in Asia says TradeHero is probably one of the best startup ideas in Singapore.
- Forbes considers the perspective of Ben Milne, Dwolla CEO on the future of money.
- 2 Minute Finance covers Concur’s FinovateSpring 2012 demo.
- Quid puts FinovateSpring companies through its Big Data algorithm.
- Netbanker reports Doxo Provides the Missing Login at Small Billers.
- TIO Networks named to PROFIT Mag’s list of Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada.
- GigaOM reports Wonga readies $1.5 billion IPO.
- Wall Street Journal reviews FutureAdvisor.
- ThreeThriftyGuys.com reviews SaveUp.com.
- American Banker reports Computer Services Inc. (CSI) adds Geezeo’s PFM tools to its online banking suite.
- Business Insider recommends using Credit Karma and ReadyForZero to get out of debt and raise your credit score.
Here’s a look at press coverage from FinovateSpring 2012 in San Francisco last week. For comprehensive coverage, be sure to check out Erin McCune’s live blog on PaymentsViews, which covers all 63 presenting companies:
2 Minute Finance
2MF @ Finovate Spring 2012 Conference
by Bobby Lee