This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Tracking fintech, banking & financial services innovations since 1994
Given the diversity of fintech innovation on display this week at FinovateAsia, anticipating which companies would win our coveted Best of Show awards was as much a challenge as ever before.
But with the final votes cast and all the ballots counted, it is clear that two companies stood out from the pack. Here they are – and congratulations to them: the winners of Best of Show for FinovateAsia 2019.
Bereev for its end-of-life planning app that helps individuals and families prepare for the loss of a loved one.
The WAAY for its Lifestyle Assistant that communicates personalized lifesyle content to the bank’s customers based on their deep behavioral profiling.
Thanks to all of the companies that demonstrated their technologies live on stage at FinovateAsia this week – including several fintechs making their Finovate debuts. We had a wonderful time in our return to Singapore, and we are already looking forward to Finovate’s return to southeast Asia next year.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The two companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named “Best of Show.”
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners through 2014. Best of Show winners from our 2015 through 2019 conferences are below:
A look at the companies demoing live at FinovateAsia on October 14 through 15, 2019 in Singapore. Register today and save your spot.
The WAAY’sLifestyle Banking platform helps banks understand people and become a Lifestyle Assistant for their customers.
Deeply personalized lifestyle content based on VALS (values and lifestyle) profiling with over 300 attributes
Lifestyle first, money management second
Micro-value every day
Why it’s great Banking soon will shift from a traditional, commoditized approach to a new, non-banking premise and The WAAY’s platform would be the core personalization engine to talk to customers about the things they want.
Ivan Kochetov, CEO Kochetov has spent many years in data analysis labs with a focus on understanding people’s behavior based on data that banks have inside. LinkedIn
Kirill Lisitsyn, CBDO Lisitsyn has spent 11 years in operational and management consulting for the financial sector, including working for major players such as Accenture and Mastercard. LinkedIn