- “Expensify Tallies Up $17.5 Million in Funding to Support its New Fintech Investment Fund”
Around the web
- AcceptEmail partners with PayWithMyBank to make bill pay convenient and less costly.
- SocietyOne hires former Lending Club executive as its new chief marketing officer.
- Spend Matters highlights Tradeshift as a company to watch in 2015.
- Pindrop Security releases new version of fraud detection system to more effectively identify and predict fraudulent activity.
- Yodlee hosts webinar on how to build financial apps to meet rapidly evolving customer expectations.
- BehavioSec mentioned as one “wild invention of the future” that the Pentagon is behind.
- Tradier announces 75+ investor platforms and advisors integrating with its API.
- Algomi adds 100th buy-side firm to its Honeycomb Network.
- American Banker: FIS in talks to acquire SunGard.
- PYMNTS.com interviews Sarah Hartman, senior director of consumer payment solutions at TSYS.
- India West profiles Ayasdi founder and CEO, Gurjeet Singh.
- Benzinga’s list of 10 PFM apps for teens and young adults features Toshl Finance, Manilla, BillGuard, Mint, and Smarty Pig.
- Acculynk teams up with TouchPay, combining online billpay with self-service payment kiosks.
- OnDeck rolls out mobile app for account management on the go. Come see OnDeck at FinDEVr in San Francisco, 6/7 October 2015.
- Let’s Talk Payments interviews PayStand CEO Jeremy Almond.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
More than half of the companies recently highlighted in American Banker‘s “Top 10 Tech Companies to Watch” are Finovate Alumni.
Below are the six companies featured in the article, along with a link to their most recent appearance and product demo at Finovate.
Read the full article from American Banker here
Our fifth annual FinovateSpring in San Francisco concluded a few hours ago. After seeing 63 demos over two packed days, the audience voted for their three favorites each day. The top seven overall were named Best of Show (see notes).
The winners (in alphabetic order):
- BehavioSec for its new security layer based on user typing/swiping patterns
- BillGuard for its card charge dispute platform, BillGuard FI
- Dwolla for its FISync service to enable banks to originate real-time payments
- iQuantifi for its new financial planning & advice tools
- MoneyDesktop for its PFM platform and integrated “deals”
- Personal Capital for its iPhone app and interbank funds transfer
- SoMoLend for its P2P lending platform
We’ll have videos of all 63 demos posted at Finovate.com as fast as possible (probably 2 weeks out).
Thanks to everyone who presented, attended, tweeted, swapped biz cards, schmoozed and helped push fintech forward. You are the greatest!
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites as the day went on and choose three favorites from just the demos of that day. Ballots were turned in at the end of the last demo session each day.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed. Note: Ballots with more than three companies circled will not be counted.”
4. The seven companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.