Powered by collaborative Belgian innovation platform, B-Hive, and Dutch financial consulting firm, Alex van Groningen BV, the European Fintech Awards & Conference recognize fintech innovators working in a variety of areas ranging from the Blockchain/Bitcoin and Financial Inclusion to InsurTech and Payments.
The awards consist of a European Fintech 100 and a Top Three which will be selected from among the top three startups in each of the conference’s nine categories during a pitch contest at the end of September. Here are the Finovate alum finalists who will compete for top honors in their respective categories this fall.
Dorsum (FinovateEurope 2017)
- Category: Innovative Banking Software
- Founded in 1996
- Headquartered in Budapest, Hungary
- Róbert Kő is CEO and Founder
Meniga (FinovateEurope 2017)
- Category: PFM / Robo Advisory
- Founded in 2009
- Headquartered in London, U.K.
- Won Finovate Best of Show three times
- Georg Ludviksson is CEO
Revolut (FinovateEurope 2015)
- Category: Challenger Banks
- Founded in 2013
- Headquartered in London, U.K.
- Nikolay Storonsky is CEO and founder
TWINO (FinovateEurope 2016)
- Category: Alternative Finance
- Founded in 2015
- Headquartered in Riga, Latvia
- Jevgenijs Kazanins is CEO
Below are the Finovate alums that have been named to the European Fintech 100.
See the full European Fintech 100 list.
Interested in fintech in Europe and the U.K.? Finovate brings its new, expanded format to London in February. With live demos on Days One and Two, and a diverse range of keynotes, panel discussions, and round tables with fintech professionals on Days Three and Four, FinovateEurope 2017 is an event you won’t want to miss. Visit our FinovateEurope page today to learn more and to take advantage of huge early-registration savings.
European marketplace lending startup TWINO today turns one-year-old and has some impressive metrics to celebrate its first birthday.
Since launch, $24.6 million in loans have been funded through the Latvia-based company’s platform, which boasts a 13.92% average rate of return. TWINO has paid out $363,000 in interest to its community of investors, which currently totals 2,500 active users based in 29 countries.
TWINO debuted its marketplace that offers investors access to unsecured consumer loans from Denmark, Poland, and Georgia at FinovateEurope 2016 in London. The company differentiates its platform by promising to buy back the principal and interest of a loan if it is delinquent for 30 days or more.
TWINO released the following infographic detailing the metrics of its year-one successes:
- “Trustly Goes Live with P2P Payments at Avanza Bank”
- “TWINO’s First Year: 2,500 Investors Fund $24.6 Million in Loans”
- “Ormsby Street Partners with Deutsche Bank to Launch CreditHQ in Germany”
- “Speed of Lightning, Roar of Thunder: Blockchain Unveils Off-Chain Bitcoin Payments Network”
Around the web
- Version 6.0 of PayPal app discontinues support for Amazon Fire, Windows, and Blackberry phones.
- Neyber selects Cloud Lending Solutions for loan automation.
- SafetyPay partners with online travel agency ViajaNet.
- Santander to build international payments app using blockchain technology from Ripple.
- Technology from Cachet Financial Solutions to power mobile deposit solution for LCNB National Bank.
- Credit Suisse chooses FIS Derivatives Utility for post-trade futures and cleared OTC derivatives operations and technology.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.