“A global community innovation platform for the financial services industry that offers market ready banking innovations from across the globe and collaboration opportunities that have the potential to save the banks millions of dollars in development costs.”
This post is part of our live coverage of FinovateAsia 2013.
The first presentation of FinovateAsia 2013 is about to begin. Red Zebra Analytics are coming to the stage right now to demo the Red Zebra Analytics Engine.
“Suitable for any banking system, the Red Zebra Analytics platform is secure, fast, flexible and highly cost efficient. It maps consumer purchase behavior in detail, yet keeps the data entirely safe, with no individual customer identification ever leaving the bank. Retailers pay to upload campaigns via a simple interface while state-of-the-art predictive analytics deliver the right offer to the right customer at the right time and through the right channel. And for bank customers, it’s a way to save money on things they actually want.”
One of the world’s busiest ports, a leading global financial center, and featuring the third highest per capita income in the world … is there any wonder why we are back in the sovereign city-state known as “Lion City” for FinovateAsia 2013?
There are less than 24 hours to go before the curtain goes up on our second show ever here in Singapore, and presenters are busy putting the final touches on their demos.
In preparation for FinovateAsia November 14, we wanted to provide some insight into the region’s venture capital scene. Here’s what we learned from Melissa Guzy, Founder and Managing Partner for Arbor Ventures.
Arbor Ventures is a Hong Kong-based venture capital firm with roots in the Silicon Valley. The firm invests in companies based in Singapore, Hong Kong, and ASEAN regions, whose focus is in up-and-coming topics such as:
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- Financial Technology
- Collaborative Consumption
Guzy: The market in Asia is quite different than the US and Europe and China is different from the rest of Asia in terms of venture capital and market opportunities. In Asia, we are looking for entrepreneurs that can understand the local
opportunity, the business environment as well as scale across the region.
If you’re coming to FinovateAsia next week, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with a wide-ranging crowd. For next week’s show, attendees will fly in from as far away as South America and the U.S. (check out the map here).
And a small sample of the organizations that will be attending:
Don’t miss out on being a part of this diverse audience and seeing what your competition is up to. Get your ticket here.
If you missed the previous three installments of our Sneak Peek preview series, check out the links below.
Our final event of 2013 is only a few weeks away. Get your ticket here to be a part of the audience.
- Transparent biometrics for mobile and web
- Large deployments
- Cost effective, low impact security
BehavioSec provides biometric security with no user experience cost
- Streamlining the process
- Reducing human errors while increasing productivity
- Ability to view research reports from multiple platforms
IRP will provide a centralized platform for both researchers and approvers to access and perform their job in an interactive and engaging way.
- Brings a huge volume of offers from Open-coupon Networks
- Solve Pains: Volume, Velocity, Variety, Vicinity, Visibility & Value
- Win-win ecosystem for the Bank, Merchants and Customers
Keynote Speaker for Big Data and predictive analytics, expert in multiple areas of advanced intelligent systems and multiple patent holder.
- Completed solution to distributed/”crypto”-currency value destruction
- No need to dis-intermediate Central Banks or regulators
- Implemented, asset-based store of value – full USD alternative
- Makes state-of-the-art banking technology accessible to all
- Eliminates the costs and complexities of traditional core banking
- Helps financial organisations get new products to market, fast
- Global corporates can transfer funds to over 200 countries and more than 50 currencies
- Funds can be received on prepaid cards, local bank accounts, or even local e-wallets
TSYS‘ Authorization Controls allows the a user to set one’s own default account parameters and authorization rules.
- Spatiotemporal locks allow user to geo-fence their location
- Authorization Rules allow you to define spend limits for defined cycles
- Authorization actions the user to Alert, Decline or Pre-authorize
For more information about how to join us in Singapore, visit our FinovateAsia 2013 page here.
FinovateAsia is typically our most globally diverse show, and this year is no different. Two weeks from now, we will showcase 37 demos from companies spanning the globe that are innovating in everything from remittance to small business tools to back office solutions and much more.
Given that diversity, we thought it would be fun put together a map showing the geographic spread of the demoing companies that will take the stage (click the map to enlarge).
Here’s the breakdown of the number of companies from each region:
- Asia: 12
- Europe: 11
- North America: 9
- Africa: 1
- Oceania: 2
- Middle East: 2
To refresh your memory, the list of the companies that we’ve hand-picked to show off their new technology at the Max Atria @ Singapore Expo on November 14, include:
To see live demos of the new technology, meet the entrepreneurs responsible, and network with others in the industry, get your ticket to FinovateAsia here. If you have questions about the show, check out who is attending or email email@example.com.
Still just getting to know the companies that will be presenting at FinovateAsia 2013 in November? Here are another five fintech innovators scheduled to take the stage next month in Singapore.
And if you missed the previous two installments of our Sneak Peek preview, check out the links below.
- Mobile payments and banking platform
- Seamless and secure transaction experience
- Comprehensive end-to-end solution for cashless transactions
- Zero in to key insights in matter of hours
- Single tool for analyzing both quantitative and unstructured textual inputs
- Design, automate and share dashboards without a single line of script
- Electronic safety deposit box
- Banking customers can upload, sort and store personal and business documents
- Ability to back up and save the most recent version of important documents
- Unprecedented collaboration opportunities for banks
- Marketing platform for innovators to showcase their innovations to banks
- A go-to-destination for market-ready, banking innovations online
- Total independence from credit cards and telcos
- Local and international payments, in-shop, peer-to-peer and e-commerce
- Universal access from smartphones and dumbphones
How many ways will the presenters of FinovateAsia 2013 express “innovation in fintech” this year?
Finovate returns to Singapore on November 14th for a one-day showcase of the latest in financial technology. And many of the themes that have defined the fintech conversation in 2013 will be well-represented at this year’s event:
- Fiserv to offer clients Guardian Analytics’ FraudMAP solutions.
- Lending Club CEO, Renaud Laplanche, named a winner of Ernst & Young’s Venture Capital Award of Excellence.
- PayPal and Blackhawk Network join forces to bring gift card services to the digital wallet.
- Manilla User Survey: Consumers Want Bills in One Place and Banks with Bill Management.
- Payments, Mobile, Security, Social: A Look Ahead to FinovateAsia 2013.
- Are Utilities Ready for Mobile BillPay? Industry Leaders Weigh-in via Check Survey.
- Locaid featured in American Express Open Forum column on attracting mobile customers with geofencing.
- InfoTrends’ Matt Swain takes a look at Check.
- SeedInvest “thrilled” by new rules proposed for equity crowdfunding.