clarify.io | clarify.io/blog | @clarifyio
The Clarify.io API gives you the ability to search and understand your audio and video to make them actionable.
Don’t be a Smaug, reinvest!
You’ve collected terabytes of recordings. You protect them like Smaug protected his gold. If someone wants to hear what a trader said to a customer, they face a multi-day, 15-step process just to listen to it. That’s insane. Recordings are full of data that could be used to make gold. You could help clients get better information faster. You could see patterns before they appear in trade data. You could extract relationship information that belongs to the company, but instead compliance officers hoard it like gold and discard it as soon as the retention policy allows. “Honey, where did you put that bag of money?” “Oh, I threw it out. I didn’t think we needed it anymore.”
- There’s a lot of actionable data buried in your compliance recordings.
- That actionable data is worth a lot of money.
- It’s easier to get at than you think.
Paul Murphy, CEO
LinkedIn | @prmurphy | firstname.lastname@example.org
Murphy has spent 20 years in tech, including 10 years building systems for clients like J.P. Morgan and Saloman Brothers. He later joined Adeptra as CTO, a pioneer in automated outbound calling for credit-card fraud detection. He has now dedicated his time to leveraging emerging voice processing.
Ivo Rothschild, VP, Research and Development
- “Banking Suite Provider Urban FT Acquires Wipit” Come see Urban FT at FinovateFall September 16 & 17.
- Take a look at our latest FinDEVr Previews featuring:
Around the web
- Niklas Adalberth steps down as Klarna’s deputy CEO.
- ShopKeep to offer discounts to members of the MasterCard Easy Savings program.
- Yodlee partners with Salesforce to offer advisers a comprehensive view of their clients’ financial accounts. Come see Yodlee’s presentation at FinDEVr, 6/7 October.
- Monex to incorporate corporate-actions data from Markit. See Markit at FinDEVr 2015 in San Francisco.
- Bank Innovation takes note of the Moven approach to displaying transaction histories.
- Tech Vibes features Trulioo in a look at Vancouver, British Columbia, as a home for fintech innovation. See Trulioo at FinovateFall 2015 in New York.
- Investment News looks for the next robo-adviser acquisition in the wake of BlackRock’s deal with FutureAdvisor.
- Waters Technology highlights Nous, StockViews, AnalytixInsight, and Xignite in a review of how innovators are using market data. See Xignite at FinDEVr 2015 in San Francisco.
- Flint enhances Android app to include immediate electronic receipts via SMS.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
FinDEVr Previews highlights companies that will present their latest developer tools, platforms, and integrations at FinDEVr 2015 San Francisco on 6/7 October.
FinDEVr is the premier event for fintech developers. To save your spot, visit our registration page today and take advantage of early-bird savings!
Clarify’s API turns media into actionable data. We auto-detect language, make audio and video searchable, allow you to extract keywords, determine the topics, and a variety of other things. Clarify allows you to create systems to make decisions based on information you gather.
Why it’s a must-see
Too often we collect data like presentations, support calls, etc. and rarely do anything with the results. Clarify.io gives you the ability to extract actionable information from your audio and video to make better decisions, confirm and validate compliance, and understand your media.
Check out more of today’s FinDEVr previews: