How they describe themselves: We operate a mobile payment service that offers universal access while being totally independent from credit cards and telcos.
On the front-end, we offer an application for smartphones and a voice service for dumbphones. No special equipment is required from customers or from merchants. Integration in cash registers and vending machines is quick and easy.
For the back-end:
- In OECD countries, we connect directly with bank accounts towards real-time transactions, thereby slashing costs and risks and improving the user experience
- In unbanked or underbanked countries, we aim to build and operate a national e-cash infrastructure on behalf of the central bank, instead of fighting with local money transfer services
How they describe their product/innovation: We are introducing the international version of the Mobino application, available in 5 languages and 50 currencies.
Various scenarios will be outlined:
- Peer-to-peer money transfer
- Payment for goods and services in shops
- POS and cash register integration
- Quicker and safer e-commerce payments
- Fluid payment flow for mobile commerce
- Cheap and efficient international remittances
- Registration and KYC process for unbanked
- Cash-in and cash-out operations at agents
We are looking for distribution partners and investors in the Asia Pacific region in order to prepare service launch.