With FinovateSpring 2017 coming next month, we thought we’d take a look back at how the alums from our last spring conference a year ago have fared on the fundraising front.
And after a quick review, it seems that investors continue to be interested in the innovations of Finovate alumni. In fact, even without the $1.8 billion Golden Gate Capital spent on its acquisition of Neustar late last year ($2.9 million with debt included), the alums from FinovateSpring 2016 have had an impressive year of fundraising. While the specific funding amounts for a number of alums were not officially disclosed, our review shows more than $200 million raised by 20 FinovateSpring 2016 alums over the past year alone.
Among the bigger deals of the past year, the $72 million raised by OurCrowd stands out. OurCrowd, a crowd investing platform for venture capital, was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Jerusalem, Israel. With a growing network of more than 17,000 investors, OurCrowd has raised $400 million on its platform, providing funding for 110 companies. Also noteworthy was the $29 million raised by FinDEVr/Finovate alum NYMBUS in two separate fundings in August and February. NYMBUS is an innovator in developing advanced, cloud-based core banking systems. Known as a “bank in a box” NYMBUS technology gives smaller banks and credit unions the ability to compete with larger FIs when it comes to providing customers with the latest digital banking services.
So to help get you ready for FinovateSpring 2017, here’s a list of the investments scored by alums from last year’s conference. And remember you can see live demos from all 20 of our fundraising FinovateSpring 2016 alums in our Video Archives.
- FinDEVr New York Alum NYMBUS Announces $16 Million in New Funding
- Qumram’s Regtech Offering Lands $1.49 Million
- Empyr Raises $3 Million in Funding
- ForwardLane Raises $1.1 Million in New Funding
- Earnix Receives $13.5 Million in Growth Capital from New and Existing Investors
- Cyberfend Acquired by Akamai Technologies for Undisclosed Amount
- Sezzle Raises Seed Funding Ahead of Shopify Debut ($1.85 million)
- Neustar Acquired by Golden Gate Capital for $1.8 Billion (including debt $2.9B)
- ThreatMetrix Picks Up $30 Million in Growth Capital from Silicon Valley Bank (debt financing)
- OurCrowd Pulls In $72 Million
- WealthForge to Raise $2.5 Million in New Convertible Note Offering
- OneVisage Earns Seed Funding in Round Led by Polytech Ecosystem Ventures (amount undisclosed)
- CUneXus Closes $5 Million Series A
- Automobile Title Lending Platform Finova Financial Raises $52.5 Million
- NYMBUS Raises $12 Million in Round Led by Vensure Enterprises
- Linqto Announces New Venture Funding from Keiretsu Capital (amount undisclosed)
- NICE Funding! CallVU Raises $3 Million
- Civic Announces New Debt Financing from Blockchain Capital (amount undisclosed)
- savedroid AG Completes €1 ($1.1 USD) Million Seed Round; Announces Beta Launch
- Cyberfend Earns Undisclosed Non-Equity Assistance from MasterCard Start Path Global Program.
- BanQu Secures $100,000 in Financing (convertible note)
Are you a FinovateSpring 2016 alums whose funding we missed? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to make the update.