As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- ZagTrader and BeQuant team Up to help institutions go crypto.
- Temenos partners with Saudi Arabia’s Al Rajhi bank.
- Emirates NBD to work with Intellect Design Arena for a planned digital transformation of its transaction banking platform.
Central and South Asia
- BankBazaar announces partnership with Ujjivan Small Finance Bank for Personal Loans.
- Victoria Commercial Bank Kenya goes live with corporate banking technology powered by i-exceed’s Appzillon.
- Aurora interviews Bernhard Klemen, international partner with venture capital fund Sarmayacar on opportunities for venture financing for Pakistani fintech startups.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- German challenger bank N26 announces plans to expand to Brazil.
- BBVA Colombia looks at its role in helping promote fintech innovation in Peru. In Spanish.
- FXCompared profiles Argentina-based PayPal rival, MercadoLibre.
- Leading Vietnam-based consumer finance firm, FE Credit, chooses Vymo’s AI-powered personal sales assistant.
- Bambu and CredoLab earn spots on Fintech News Singapore’s 29 Hottest Fintechs in Singapore 2019 roster.
- Accenture and nCino partner to better serve FIs in the Asia-Pacific and EMEA regions.
- Tymebank goes live with core banking tech from Mambu.
- Nigerian digital banking solution provider TeamApt raises $5.5 million in funding.
- South Africa’s Standard Bank to launch private cloud-based distributed ledger platform for payments and settlement.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Russia’s Tinkoff Bank joins the country’s Faster Payments System.
- Ukraine finishes its pilot project, begun in December, in support of its national digital currency, the e-hryvnia.
- UK-based Rimilia and Association of Credit for Central and Eastern Europe to promote adoption of AI-based technologies to automate AR in the CEE region.