The votes have been cast and tallied – and the winners of FinovateAfrica’s Best of Show awards have been named. Congratulations to Bambu and OUTvest!
Finovate’s first foray into the African fintech scene has been a huge success. The companies that demonstrated their technologies live on stage this week showed us innovations in everything from automated regtech and small business lending, to customer engagement and AI-enabled credit assessment.
Yet the two companies whose live demos made the greatest impressions on our FinovateAfrica audience were firms focused on one of fintech’s earliest – and most persistent – disruptions: the rise of the robo-advisor. For these companies, wealthtech is still fertile ground for fintech innovation. And improving the way individual investors and their advisors build and manage personalized, investment portfolios is as important today as it has ever been.
Bambu for its goal-based, white label robo-advisor offering that gives investors a natural and effortless experience in finding the right investment strategy for their client’s needs.
OUTvest for its hybrid robo-advisor that uses an evidence-based approach to help everyone build and mange their own investment strategy.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The two companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named “Best of Show.”
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners through 2014. Best of Show winners from our 2015 through 2018 conferences are below:
A look at the companies demoing live at FinovateAfrica on November 27 and 28, 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa. Register today and save your spot.
OUTvest is a new generation wealth platform. The company has integrated wealth planning and execution and management, online or with human advisors.
OUTvest built its own capabilities to design proprietary advice algorithms, investment exposures and user experience, and deliver it in a simple client experience.
Why it’s great
Imagine if investing was as easy as driving a car: all the technology is there, it’s just as easy to use.
Grant Locke, Head of OUTvest
Locke is a CFA charterholder and has worked in the investment industry for more than 15 years in the U.K. and South Africa. He is a passionate advocate that investing is a personal finance solution.
Niel de Bruin, Head of Operations
de Bruin is a CA(SA) and has been in the financial services industry since 2002. “He is one hell of an operator and a phenomenal business partner,” says Grant Locke.
- GreatHorn Unveils Comprehensive Email Security Solution for the Enterprise.
- Our latest FinovateAfrica Sneak Peeks are up: Meet
Around the web
- UrbanFT Co-Founder Mark Kilpatrick named to Forbes’ 30 Under 30.
- Entrust Datacard IntelliTrust Cloud Service strengthens authentication for Microsoft Azure customers.
- NIIT Technologies partners with R3 to build solutions on the Corda Platform.
- CardFlight earns top 50 ranking in the 2018 Deloitte Fast 500 roster.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.