Around the web
- Opentech ranked third in the Mastercard’s worldwide Directory of Digital Wallet providers. Come see Opentech’s live demo at FinovateEurope next week.
- Yoyo named Best Mobile Payment Solution at MPE Awards. Come see Yoyo’s demo at FinovateEurope next week in London.
- CapitaWorld launches smart loan disintermediation ecosystem for micro, small, and medium (MSM) enterprises.
- Unison launches 5% down payment program in conjunction with an 80% LTV mortgage.
- Sberbank adds Google Pay and Samsung Pay services for the customers using its business cards.
- Railsbank partners with Carta Worldwide.
- Lendio Franchise Announced in Clemson Region.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
July 1st is Canada Day, the day Canadians from Nova Scotia to British Columbia and all the provinces in between celebrate the day the country we know as “Canada” was officially formed as a single nation within the British Empire.
So if you’ve got room in your schedule for one more Canada Day Celebration, then please join us in spending a little time celebrating with a score of Finovate alums that are driving fintech innovation in and out of “the Great White North.”
And a special Canada Day shout-out to Finovate partner, the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, which supports Canadian startups through mentorship and access to U.S. partners and investors.
Then, Carta Worldwide
a turn-key NFC payments solution:
“Carta-Connect for Mobile is a turn-key product for issuers and MNOs that brings NFC mobile payments to market with a rapid and low-cost deployment model. Utilizing a virtual account instantly personalized to the mobile phone, consumers can access immediate spending power with any NFC-enabled handset. This introduces a simple and convenient experience for consumer adoption, while limiting exposure of personal banking information.
By leveraging underlying technology in place, Carta reduces setup and deployment cost for NFC projects, and minimizes the need to update core systems. Offered as an end-to-end product, or compatible with existing m-wallet applications, the uniquely flexible solution represents a key step in the mass-market adoption of NFC mobile payments.”
Product Launched: September 2012
HQ Location: Toronto, Canada
Company Founded: 2007
Metrics: 50 employees, raised over $30M to date, offices in Toronto, London, Casablanca, and Dubai
Introducing Giles Sutherland (Dir. Marketing & Strategic Development)