Our record-breaking audience has spent a hot two days in San Jose watching 68 demos covering the best in fintech.
After watching the 68 demoing companies show off their newest innovations on stage in front of the sold-out auditorium, the crowd voted for their three favorite demos at the end of each day. The eight companies with the highest number of votes were crowned winners.
EyeVerify, for its Eyeprint Verification technology that enables mobile biometric authentication
Ondot Systems, for its CardControl technology that allows users to remotely control their credit and debit cards via their smartphone
PrivatBank, for topless, contactless smartphone-enabled Android ATM technology
SaveUp, for its Gen Y/Millennial-oriented solution that combines gamification with personal finance
Stockpile, for their “give the gift of stock” solution that helps people invest in the brands they love
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The eight companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.