Earlier this week, SigFig announced that it was one of eight startups to win the Windows 8 First Apps Contest.
The contest gave developers three weeks to create an app for the Windows 8 platform that would be available for demo on the Windows 8 consumer preview.
The Windows 8 contest judges were impressed with SigFig:
“SigFig Portfolio allows you to track your financial portfolio from various brokerage accounts, get related news, see how investments perform against major indexes, explore various analytics, track movement in your portfolio, and get investor recommendations. The SigFig team took the opportunity to deliver exciting new features to the SigFig Portfolio app for Windows 8 that they haven’t yet released on the SigFig website.”
To learn more about SigFig, watch its FinovateFall 2011 demo.
Next this afternoon is SigFig
, which demonstrated how it provides consumers with concrete, free, and actionable advice on how to improve thier investment portfolio:
“Because of the wealth of data we import from users’ brokerage accounts when they sign up for our portfolio service, we are in a unique position to offer specific and actionable advice.
- The entire product is powered by sync – you don’t have to enter data, we automatically analyze your historical behavior.
- If you own a bad mutual fund or ETF, and there’s a better one in the same category, we’ll recommend a switch.
- We analyze the fees your brokerages charge you — across dozens of categories — and simulate your behavior at other brokerages in our system to see how much money you could save money.
- We’ll automatically provide tax loss harvesting advice to help you optimize on taxes.
- If you have a financial advisor, we’ll automatically detect that and compare his or her performance to all others in our system and recommend a switch if warranted.
- We’ll analyze your behavior & style and recommend changes where warranted (such as too-frequent trading).”
Product Launched: October 2011
: San Francisco, CA
Company Founded: July 2007
Metrics: 25 employees, 1M unique visitors
Presenting Parker Conrad (Co-Founder)