- “2015: A Year in Finovate Alumni Mergers and Acquisitions”
Around the web
- TechTarget interviews Vantiv CSO Kim Jones on “creating a culture of security.”
- Moneystream announces plans to close its doors in February 2016.
- Nostrum Group earns a spot in Deloitte 2015 Technology Fast 500 for the EMEA region.
- Zopa CEO Jaidev Janardana explains why 2016 will be the year P2P lending hits the mainstream.
- Holvi is featured in this look at the top 10 startups in Finland.
- TopFunded interviews BankersLab CEO Michelle Katics. See BankersLab at FinovateEurope 2016 in London in February 2016.
- Credit Karma wins a spot on Fast Company’s 2015 Silicon Valley “Nice” list.
- Emerging Prairie looks at how a local RIA is integrating Motif Investing into his business.
- SwipeStox launches new features. Check out SwipeStox at FinovateEurope 2016.
- Personal Capital Debuts First eBook: A Better Financial Life.
- Backbase awarded accolades in Gartner report, Critical Capabilities for Horizontal Portals. Backbase will demo at FinovateEurope 2016.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
MoneyStream not only launched its bill pay-focused PFM platform in the U.S. today, but also received its first round of funding.
The $3.2 million round was led by 60-year-old H&R Block, and marks only the second time the tax and accounting company has invested in a startup. H&R Block’s first investment was in 2011 when it furnished an undisclosed amount to Wipit, which demonstrated its Boost Mobile Wallet at FinovateSpring last year.
Bruno Bowden and Kim Polese also contributed to MoneyStream’s Series A round.
MoneyStream helps consumers avoid late payments and overdraft fees by providing cash- and bill-management tools enabling them to look ahead and make financial predictions. The startup analyzes historical account activity to predict their future balance and alert them if they could come up short. In addition to offering a single place to view all bills, the free service also enables users to pay bills directly from MoneyStream’s platform.
Founded in 2012, the company debuted at FinovateFall 2014 in New York. Mike Bertrand is CEO.
- Meet the Presenters: Check out FinovateSpring 2015 Sneak Peek: Part 4
- MoneyStream Launches to Public, Receives $3.2 Million in Funding
- CurrencyFair Springs $10.7 Million More in Funding
Around the Web
- Thomson Reuters unveils ASKTRPS to help fixed-income professionals meet reporting requirements.
- MasterCard to sponsor Smart City App Hack.
- Alabama Teachers Credit Union and Greater TEXAS Federal Credit Union to launch SmartwearApps for the Apple Watch courtesy of Malauzai Software. See Malauzai at FinovateSpring 2015 in San Jose next month.
- Former Salesforce chief architect Scott Hansma joins Lending Club as senior vice president of technology.
- MasterCard partners with Alliance for Financial Inclusion to support AFI’s Public-Private Dialogue Platform.
- American Banker’s highlights from Prosper and Lending Club at this week’s LendIt conference.
- News.com.au’s Investing highlights SocietyOne’s role in “dude-to-dude” lending.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
This post is part of our live coverage of FinovateFall 2014.
MoneyStream debuted its technology that learns and predicts a user’s spending pattern:
“MoneyStream sits in between other financial institutions, consolidators, and aggregators, using patent pending technology to manage the complex network of money and creating a direct relationship with the consumer.
In addition, MoneyStream’s smart technology uses learning algorithms to detect and predict a user’s spending patterns and do a significant part of the user setup for them, just as a trusted personal financial assistant would do. The free service lets users view and pay bills, detects upcoming money issues, and provides visibility to a future cash flow, with little or no effort on the user’s part.”
Presenting: Mike Bertrand, CEO and Gillian Verga, VP Product
Product Launch: October 2013
Product distribution strategy: Direct to Consumer (B2C), B2B2C Partners
HQ: Los Gatos, CA
Founded: September 2012