As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Central and Southern Asia
- Indian financial services marketplace MyMoneyMantra raises $15 million in funding.
- Razorpay, a payments solutions provider based in India, reports a 40% increase in the number of digital transactions in the country during the second quarter of 2019.
- Credit Suisse and NASSCOM agree to promote the growth of Indian fintech startups.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Mambu forges partnership with its first Brazilian customer, Acesso.
- MercadoLibre announces plan to allow users of its e-wallet in Mexico to earn interest on funds saved on the app.
- Bloomberg looks at Goldman Sachs’ Special Situations Group and its pursuit of investment opportunities among Latin American fintechs.
- China Merchant Bank to deploy regulatory reporting technology from Wolters Kluwer.
- Philippines Union Bank picks Refinitiv to power its electronic trading business.
- Samsung partners with a cohort of South Korean banks on a blockchain-based digital identity project.
- Central Bank of Kenya reaches fintech cooperation agreement with the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Standard Bank leverages mobile teller technology from Infosys Finacle.
- Kenyan payment solutions provider WAPI Pay pledges to support faster adoption of Wechat Pay and Alipay across Africa.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Czech Republic’s Twisto announces plans to expand to Poland this fall, with expansion to Romania to follow.
- Revolut makes Apple Pay available to its customers in Hungary.
- Austrian insurtech Bsurance and fintech Cashpresso team up to provide automatic buyer protection Cashpresso customers.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Nasdaq and Iraq Stock Exchange ink new market technology agreement.
- Emirates NBD’s Liv leverages gamification to raise money for charity.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market’s Financial Services Regulatory Authority issues guidelines for robo advisors operating in ADGM.