As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Mookh Africa, a fintech startup from Kenya that has developed a social business payments solution, wins Visa’s Sub Saharan Africa Everywhere Initiative contest.
- Techpoint declares 2018 The Year of the Nigerian Fintech Startup.
- Temenos taps Alexandre Menage as new Head of Sales for Africa.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Equities.com reviews the 10 Hottest Places to Launch a Fintech Startup in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Total Croatia News looks at money transfer startup, Aircash, which has gained 15,000 users in the first 12 months of operation.
- Ukraine’s Financial Stability Council issues digital currency regulating document as popularity of crytocurrency trading in the country grows.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Salaam Gateway discusses how Dubai’s FinTech Hive supports Islamic fintech with the organization’s executive Vice President, Raja Al Mazrouei.
- UAE-based merchant acquirer Network International introduces e-commerce platform for SMEs.
- Daily Sabah looks at venture investment in Turkey in the first half of 2018.
Central and South Asia
- Aurora talks with President and CEO of Telenor Bank, Shahid Mustafa about microfinance and e-commerce in Pakistan.
- Onfido to Secure Drivers for India’s Largest Rideshare Company.
- Fortune India interviews PayU India’s CEO Amrish Rau.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Incoming cohort for Startupbootcamp FinTech’s second Latin America-oriented program features fintechs from Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Chile, and Peru.
- The Sociable profiles Microsoft-backed Imagine Lab Chile.
- PYMNTS.com looks at how financial institutions in Latin America are coping with cyber fraud.
- Trulioo extends its identity and business verification service to the Philippines.
- Personetics Scores Minority Stake Investment from United Overseas Bank.
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority unveils Open API framework.