- “Ripple Labs Makes Waves: Raises $4 Million, Rebrands as Ripple, Launches Interledger”
- “CardFlight Scores $4 Million in Series A Funding”
Around the web
- MasterCard unveils Identity Check, a suite of solutions that includes biometric and SMS-based, one-time passwords to improve security for online consumers.
- KPMG introduces KPMG Fintech 100 to recognize the world’s most disruptive and fast-emerging innovation companies in financial services. Nominations end 31 October 2015.
- Santander invests in Ripple as startup expands services.
- ThreatMetrix to scale global data center capacity to 200 million+ daily transactions.
- Nymi recruits CEO John Haggard; Karl Martin will now serve as CTO.
- Emida acquires giftcard-platform specialist Quippi Corporation for an undisclosed amount.
- Kristo Kaarmann, co-founder of TransferWise, confirms via Twitter that former Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandit participated in the company’s $58 million funding round this year.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.