As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Central and Eastern Europe
- VTB Factoring and Venture Engineering Lab introduces end-to-end multifactor digital supply chain finance platform, GetFinance, to Russian market.
- Austrian telecom Hutchison Drei Austria teams up with Revolut to offer prepaid debit cards and banking services.
- Coinspeaker profiles Slovakian cryptocurrency trading platform, StockPoint.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) announces four new fintech additions to its summer sandbox.
- Morocco’s CIMR to use Daon to make sure its clients are still living.
- Beirut, Lebanon-based ecommerce management platform Ecomz raises $4 million in Series A funding.
Central and Southern Asia
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to build blockchain-based banking platform.
- New partnership between ICICI Bank and IndoStar Capital Finance to bring financing options to help underserved Indian SMEs purchase commercial vehicles.
- Fidor Solutions inks memorandum of understanding with Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) to promote fintech innovation in Kazakhstan.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Ingenico ePayments to provide advanced payment services to online Latin American marketplace Linio Colombia.
- Jamaican wealth manager Proven Wealth to deploy core banking system from ERI.
- BNAmericas takes a look at the emerging fintech scene in Costa Rica.
- Japanese payment app Kyash raises $14 million in Series B round led by Goodwater Capital and Mitsubishi UFJ Capital.
- WeInvest sets up shop in Thailand.
- Singaporean cross-border payments company Instarem to pursue banking license.
- Meniga opens new office in Singapore.
- DriveWealth to help democratize investing in Nigeria.
- Ventureburn features eight Kenyan fintech startups “to keep an eye on.”
- CNBC Africa presents a roundtable discussion on the future of fintech and blockchain technology in Nigeria.