- Coinbase Custody Helps Institutional Investors Securely Store Digital Assets
- Kabbage Expands Small Business Funding with $200 Million Credit Facility.
Around the web
- Overbond offers U.S. corporate issuers and institutional investors real-time access to its platform.
- PayPal and Synchrony Financial expand strategic consumer credit relationship.
- U.K.-based Featurespace to open office in Atlanta in November.
- WealthForge Debuts Its First Regulation A Offering with New Investor Workflow
- GoBankingRates features Blend, Unison, and Ellevest in its 10 Startups to Watch in 2018 list.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.
Ellevest, a digital investment platform for women—co-founded by Finovate alum Charlie Kroll—raised $10 million this week in a Series A round led by Morningstar.
Other investors in the New York-based startup include:
- Ajay Banga, president and CEO of Mastercard
- Robert Druskin, executive chairman of the DTCC, former COO of Citigroup, and former chairman of E*Trade
- Mohamed El-Erian, chief economic adviser at Allianz and the former CEO of PIMCO
- Karen Finerman, co-founder of Metropolitan Capital Advisers and panelist on CNBC’s Fast Money
- Brian Finn, former chairman and CEO of Asset Management Finance Corp. and former president of Credit Suisse First Boston
- Andrea Jung, CEO of Grameen America and former CEO of Avon
- Jeff Schwarz, co-founder of Metropolitan Capital Advisors
- Contour Venture Partners
Ellevest is focused on helping women bridge the investment gap, and seeks to transform investing into a women-specific experience.
The Ellevest investment platform, slated to launch in early 2016, was founded by Sallie Krawcheck (CEO) and Charlie Kroll (COO). Kroll is former CEO of Andera, which debuted its FortiFI solution at FinovateFall 2011. In October of 2011, Andera purchased oFlows, which demoed oFlows for Everyone at FinovateFall 2011. In May 2014, Andera was acquired by Bottomline Technologies.