There are increasingly more fintech services to help small players compete with large enterprises. Bond sales and management platform 280 CapMarkets is releasing its latest offering for advisors this week to do just that.
The new suite of offerings, 280 Advisor Services, is a set of tools and resources to help independent advisors expand their capabilities and compete against larger, more established firms. Eve Cohen, 280 CapMarkets managing director and head of advisor liaison desk said, “Gaining access to a broad universe of wholesale bonds offerings, having the resources to thoroughly evaluate bonds in the context of real-time market dynamics, and balancing time between managing their clients’ needs and running a practice can be tough. We designed 280 Advisor Services specifically to solve these challenges for independent advisors.”
The complimentary suite is available through the Advisor Liaison Desk of 280 Securities and features:
- Customized and branded bond portfolios, tailored to the individual needs of the advisor’s clients
- Bond portfolio reviews to help advisors align clients’ fixed income portfolios with their goals and evolving markets
- On-demand insights to help advisors make informed choices based on structural and credit characteristics of fixed income securities
- Access to wholesale bond offerings, research, and trade ideas, based on real-time fixed income market dynamics, bond availability, and pricing
Founded in 2016, 280 CapMarkets’ mission is “to level the playing field for independent financial advisors in the fixed income markets.” The company’s flagship service, BondNav, helps investment advisors search and transact bonds transparently on a single, simple platform. The number 280 in the company’s name refers to the highway that connects the east coast of the U.S. to the west coast. As the company explains, “Our national highway system, built to connect the free movement of trade and commerce, inspires the technological network 280 CapMarkets has built to improve bond market price transparency and confidence in fixed income investing.”
280 CapMarkets will demonstrate the BondNav platform at FinovateSpring 2018 in Santa Clara on May 8 through 11. Register today to be among the first to see the live demo.
A look at the companies demoing live at FinovateSpring on May 8 through 11, 2018 in Santa Clara, California. Register today and save your spot.
280 CapMarkets‘ BondNav technology platform provides a fully transparent, modern way for investment advisors to search, compare, and transact from a broad universe of bonds.
- Has access to thousands of wholesale bond offerings
- Offers pre-trade price transparency that helps advisors compare and trade with confidence
- Supports the best execution requirements with 280 Best X documentation
Why it’s great
BondNav levels the playing field for independent investment advisors in the fixed income markets, providing a simpler way to buy, sell, and manage bonds.
Gurinder S. Ahluwalia, CEO
Ahluwalia has 25+ years of operating and financial services experience, most recently in wealth management. Previously, he was President and CEO of AssetMark.
Prescott Nasser, Chief Technology Officer
Nasser has more than 15 years of technology experience, building financial services software and teams. He was previously VP of Engineering at Vouch Financial.
Dave Rudd, Managing Director, Co-Head of Institutional Sales Rudd is a 20-year veteran of institutional fixed income sales and trading, and one of the visionaries behind 280 CapMarkets.
- BeSmartee Integrates with FormFree’s AccountChek Asset Verification Service.
- 280 CapMarkets Unveils 280 Advisor Services.
- Check out today’s sneak peeks of upcoming FinovateSpring demos from:
- Quovo Unveils New Solutions for Loan Originators and Servicers.
Around the web
- cyberProductivity joins DBS Accelerator in Hong Kong.
- PayPal, Safaricom, and TransferTo team up to make it easier for Kenyans to transfer money between their M-PESA and PayPal accounts.
- Former Goldman Sachs executive, Michelle Gill, named new SoFi CFO.
- Bpm’online partners with ChessIT for smart CRM and business processes.
- Dwolla enhances Transport Layer Security.
- Baker Hill updates NextGen Omni-Channel Marketing to include P2P normative analysis to identify the most profitable cross-sell opportunities.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow all the alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.