As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Central and Southern Asia
- ACI Worldwide invests in Mumbai, India-based payments innovator, Mindgate Solutions.
- Pakistan’s Bank of Khyber to deploy new core banking system from Temenos.
- Infosys earns recognition as a ‘leader’ in the IDC MarketSpace: Worldwide IT Service Management (ITSM) Implementation Services 2019 Vendor Assessment.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Brazilian fintech Creditas picks up $200 million investment from Japan’s Softbank, boosting the company’s valuation to $700 million.
- Crowdfund Insider reveals the 3 Biggest Fintech Trends Shaping Latin America.
- Amero-Isatek to open its first brick and mortar cryptocurrency exchange in Mexico’s Nuevo Leon, Monterrey.
- Splitit partners with EFTPay to bring installment payments to merchants in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Vietnam’s MSB (Maritime Bank) picks SunTec for its customer centricity system.
- Morocco-based BMCE Bank of Africa to leverage technology from Temenos to drive new corporate banking and trade finance operation in China.
- Global Finance investigates the rise of Africa’s entrepreneurial class in the private banking industry.
- Finextra looks at three reasons why fintech is driving change in Africa.
- Standard Bank introduces new Mastercard-powered ditital trade solution, SimplyBlu, for SMEs in South Africa.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Wallet, the PFM app from Prague-based fintech BudgetBakers, earns license from Czech National Bank to join the bank’s APIs.
- New lending platform for “multi-credit” services, Omnicredit, goes live in Romania.
- Global Finance interviews Alexey Krgulov, Acting Director of Digital Business Platform with Sberbank.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Turkey’s Isbank partners with Russian PSP Yandex.Checkout to support e-commerce between the two companies.
- Disrupt Africa features MerQ, an Egyptian startup that leverages AI to promote financial literacy.
- AMEinfo publishes its report on banking and fintech in the Middle East and Africa.