Join us in October as our annual Asia-Pacific fintech conference returns to Singapore! FinovateAsia is one of the best ways for fintech startups and innovative industry veterans from the region and around the world to showcase their latest technologies before an audience of C-level decision-makers, venture capitalists, all-star analysts, and more.
For information on how to participate in FinovateAsia as a demoing company, partner, or sponsor, send us an e-mail and we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Konfio, a Mexican financial services and credit assessment platform for SMEs, picks up $100 million secured credit facility from Goldman Sachs.
- ThetaRay unveils new office in Mexico City.
- Crunchbase news investigates the forces behind the “digital banking boom in Latin America.”
- Clinc’s Conversational AI gives voice to new app from Singapore’s OCBC Bank.
- South Korea’s Shinhan Financial Group opens accelerator lab in Indonesia.
- iSunOne teams up with Malaysia Productivity Council to build the world’s first Islamic, blockchain-based financial system.
- Nigerian digital-only retail bank Kuda raises $1.6 million in pre-seed funding.
- Apis Partners acquires majority stake in Tutuka, a payment processing technology company based in South Africa.
- Techpoint Africa looks at the growth of Nigerian fintech QuickCheck, which helps promote access to credit.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Romania’s Tremend Software Consulting partners with Mastercard Romania to help support digitization of payments.
- Croatian startup Worig offers a credit rating system for long-term renters in Croatia and throughout the EU.
- German WEG Bank gains cryptocurrency trading and custody license in Estonia.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Dubai-based Foloosi announces plans to make Saudi Arabia the first part of its expansion across the GCC region.
- Emirates NBD introduces voice banking via Amazon Alexa.
- Wamda looks at how UAE-based ride-hailing app Careem is moving increasingly into the payments space.
Central and Southern Asia
- Indian fintech OkCredit raises $67 million in round led by Lightspeed and Tiger Global.
- Entrepreneur.com examines how Indian fintechs have leveraged the omnichannel approach to extend their platforms.
- City of London Mayor to be accompanied by delegation of British fintech companies during upcoming, five-day trade mission to India.