Cloud banking innovator nCino has picked up another partner. The Wilmington, North Carolina company – which made its Finovate debut at FinovateEurope in 2017 – has teamed up with Swedish SME lender Yourban. The firm will deploy the nCino Bank Operating System to power its SME lending operations.
“Our vision for Yourban was to create an institution that could be in place for the long-term,” Yourban CEO and founder Marthin Larsson explained. “With this in mind, we wanted to partner with a technology provider that could adapt and scale our operations as we expand firstly across Sweden and then Europe.”
nCino’s Banking Operating System leverages the Salesforce platform to deliver an end-to-end banking solution that enables banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions to grow market share, meet compliance obligations and boost profitability. The cloud-based platform combines CRM, ECM, loan origination, workflow, business intelligence and reporting in a single, digitally-optimized experience, providing greater security, efficiency, as well as time- and cost-savings.
“In a competitive SME lending market, Yourban understands the need to provide customers with an unparalleled digital experience,” nCino VP of Sales, EMEA Edward Lane said. “We’re excited to be helping Yourban achieve its goals at such a critical time in its lifecycle.”
With the company’s SME loan business as a starting point, the partnership between nCino and Yourban is designed to expand to include additional product offerings as the lender’s business grows.
Two years ago, Access Softek demonstrated its white label roboadvisory technology at FinovateFall in New York. Last week, the company announced the launch of its latest roboadvisory solution, EasyVest. The new offering provides investors with an automated personal investment advisor that seamlessly connects with bank, credit union, and mobile banking platforms.
“Over the next decade, America will experience the largest generational transfer of wealth we’ve ever seen as Baby Boomers pass along their assets to their children and grandchildren,” Access Softek founder and CEO Chris Doner said. “Robo-advisors especially appeal to the generations receiving the wealth transfer. Financial institutions that provide the technology recipients want will benefit from the transfer.”
Investors can use EasyVest to build wealth via a variety of low-cast exchange-traded fund portfolios. The technology supports individual and retirement accounts, conducts automatic portfolio rebalancing, and supports fractional share purchases. Investors can open an account with as little as $200.
Finovate Podcast Interviews Jim Bruene
In the latest episode of the Finovate podcast, host Greg Palmer talks with Jim Bruene, founder of the Online Banking Report – the first and longest lasting specialty information publication for the digital banking industry. Bruene is currently a Principal at Fintech Labs UX, a firm that collaborates with banks, credit unions, and fintechs to improve ROI.
Bruene is also the “Father of Finovate,” having founded the fintech conference series in 1994. In this podcast conversation, he talks about the third recession of the fintech era, how to apply lessons learned from the dot.com crash, the Great Recession, and the COVID-19 crisis.
Here is the latest news from our Finovate alums.
- Overbond introduces live ETF NAV pricing.
- Jack Henry to automate lending for Kentucky’s Commonwealth Credit Union.
- Nordea goes live with new account aggregation and #PFM management tools from Tink.
- NICE Actimize extends its strategic collaboration with Infosys to provide end-to-end financial crime management.
- Hive selects ID R&D for passive facial liveness.
- FalconPro Technology selects Redrock Biometrics to co-develop a palm-based biometric identification solution for mass transportation.
- Trulioo adds new features to its EmbedID developer tool.
- Daon extends partnership with ForgeRock to bring multi-factor authentication and digital onboarding to ForgeRock authentication trees.
- Featurespace to grow behavioral analytics with fresh $37.4 million round.
- nanopay to power self-service international payments for Brazil-based Treviso.
- Envestnet provides new integrated unified managed account (UMA) platform to Canaccord Genuity Group.
- Washington Trust Bank deploys digital account opening technology from Terafina.
- Prolific London interviews Datasine CEO Igor Volzhanin.
- Eigen Technologies announces new Chief Customer Officer David Brooks.
- Infosys Finacle inks joint partnership agreement with Traydstream to drive automation in trade finance.
- Thomson Reuters partners with Path Solutions to add automation and greater efficiency to tax workflows and core banking processes.
- Fiserv launches new feature of its Clover POS platform, Clover Online Ordering, to help restaurants more easily serve take-out customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jumio brings its online identity verification technology to Mobiquity’s digital onboarding service.
- Salt Edge introduces new feature for third party providers that streamlines PSD2 onboarding with banks.
- Tradeshift partners with Denmark’s ECA Eksport Kredit Fonden on supply chain finance program for businesses.
- Caixabank introduces new mentoring program for female entrepreneurs and SME founders.
- TransUnion announces partnership with Horizon Media to support digital identity initiative.
- Payoneer partners with banking app ANNA to help SMEs and freelancers receive international payments in U.S. dollars or Euros.
- Blytzpay forges strategic partnership with AFS Dealers.
- Yukka Lab earns spot in the F10 Scaleup Program.
- Avaloq extends contract with First Abu Dhabi Bank Switzerland.
- ClickSWITCH and Deluxe partner to offer a digital deposit solution for FIs.
- Tavant launches new machine learning-based conditioning management and decisioning solution for Ellie Mae’s digital lending platform, Encompass.
Finovate Alumni Features and Profiles
Big Bank Meets Big Bitcoin: JPMorgan Partners with Gemini and Coinbase – This week the Wall Street Journal reported that JPMorgan had established an official banking relationship with two cryptocurrency exchanges: Gemini and long-time Finovate alum Coinbase.
eToro Reaches 13 Million Users, Spurred by COVID-19 – The U.K.-based company recently announced it has now reached 13 million active users.
Featurespace to Grow Behavioral Analytics with Fresh $37.4 Million Round – Behavioral analytics technology provider Featurespace announced today that it closed a $37.4 million (£30 million) round of funding.
FIS Unveils Portal to Help SMEs Access PPP Loan Forgiveness – This portal, available to FIs and merchants participating in the SBA’s PPP, automates and streamlines the process of applying for loan forgiveness under the provisions of the new program.
Ephesoft Brings Power of Context to Accounts Payable with Semantik Invoice – The new data acquisition solution from Ephesoft will bring 97% accuracy and 30% cost-savings to companies looking for ways to enhance their accounts payable processes.
Eltropy and Prisma Campaigns Help Credit Unions Better Engage Members – Text messaging platform Eltropy and omnichannel marketing innovator Prisma Campaigns have teamed up to help credit unions communicate more effectively with their customers.