FinovateEurope 2024 will have its fair share of local talent demoing live on the Finovate stage on 27 February in London. And while we’re looking forward to the return of FinovateEurope 2023 Best of Show winner NayaOne, we’re also excited to meet a whole bunch of U.K.-based fintechs that are making their Finovate debuts:
FinovateEurope 2024 will also feature one of our most geographically diverse lineups to date. Companies from 15 different countries plus the U.K. will be on hand in just a few weeks to demo their latest fintech innovations at our annual European fintech conference.
See for yourself! Here’s a look at the range of countries our demoing companies are coming from:
Here is our look at fintech innovation around the world.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Segura Bank International (SBI), a financial institution based in Puerto Rico, tapped Temenos to power its new digital bank.
- Contxto showcased the Chilean Fintech Law, Ley Fintec, that went into effect last weekend.
- TechRound profiled 10 Bolivian startups including POS management software provider Vendis, paytech Pagame, and inclusive finance platform Koban,
- Singapore-based cryptocurrency payments app Oobit secured $25 million in Series A funding.
- Salmon, a consumer credit and debit product provider, has become a licenced bank in the Philippines.
- Doxa Holdings, a Singaporean digital procurement platform for the supply chain industry, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Cento Ventures.
- 10x Banking announced plans to extend its expansion into Africa.
- Semafor looked at the challenges Nigerian fintechs will face as the country’s central bank tightens regulations to fight fraud.
- The Kenyan High Court enabled Nigerian fintech Flutterwave to access $3 million in funds frozen since July 2022.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Hungarian fraud prevention platform SEON joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Accelerate Programme.
- Germany’s Commerzbank partnered with trade finance solutions provider Surecomp.
- Estonia-based checkout solutions provider Montonio to offer BNPL services courtesy of a partnership with Inbank.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- Commercial Bank of Kuwait teamed up with Network International to upgrade its payment systems.
- U.S. and Israeli-based fintech Pagaya locked in a five-year, $280 million credit facility with BlackRock, JP Morgan Chase, and other lenders.
- Emirates NBD turned to anti-crime platform Silent Eight to enhance its compliance operations.
Central and Southern Asia
- Indian payment services firm PayU teamed up with Thought Machine to power its LazyPay credit service.
- Nepal Clearing House partnered with ACI Worldwide to support its National Payment Switch (NPS) initiative.
- India-based fintech CRED agreed to acquire mutual fund and stock investment platform Kuvera.