As Finovate goes increasingly global, so does our coverage of financial technology. Finovate Global: Fintech News from Around the World is our weekly look at fintech innovation in developing economies in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Middle East and Northern Africa
- UAE’s Foloosi introduces cashless transactions via digital wallet.
- Revenue management specialist SunTec partners with UAE’s Mashreq Bank.
- Jumhouria Bank of Libya to deploy reconciliation management technology from SmartStream Technologies.
- Fintech Futures takes a look at Mexico’s preparation for implementation of its new fintech law.
- TyN Magazine profiles Argentine P2P lender, TuTasa. In Spanish.
- Bermuda’s government to amend banking laws to support new class of banks to work with local fintech and blockchain startups.
- Bloomberg investigates the challenges Singapore is facing in trying to meet its fintech aspirations at a time of stiff competition for engineering talent.
- Will China step up regulations on its P2P lending industry?
- Lattice80 and SuperCharger team up to develop bridge between fintechs in Singapore and fintechs in Hong Kong.
- Nigerian logistics startup Kobo360 picks up $1.2 million in pre-seed funding; announces launch of Kobo Wealth Investment Network, a crowd investing vehicle financing program.
- Creamer Media’s Engineering News looks at how policymaking in South Africa will affect fintech innovation in the country.
- Nuadox features its seven African fintech startups to follow in 2018.
Central and Eastern Europe
- Silicon Republic features expense-tracking tool BudgetBakers, PFM solution Spendee, and financial services provider for the underserved Twisto in its list of 10 Outstanding Start-ups from Prague to Watch.
- Blockchain innovator Billon is the first Polish company to be featured in the FinTech 50.
- Bank of Lithuania introduces regtech solution to make it easier for companies to remotely apply for e-money and payment institution licenses.