- Fresh off its Finovate debut last week, Juvo (F16) announces $14 million funding to fuel the global launch of its prepaid mobile phone-based credit-scoring system
- TD Bank began rolling out its Flybits (F15) powered digital concierge TD for Me (press release). Check out its FinovateSpring ’16 demo. A first in Canadian banking, TD for Me enhances the popular TD app to include a “digital concierge” feature that curates content and services to create personalized, contextual experiences for customers based on their location and interests. Powered by Canadian start-up Flybits‘ secure cloud-based mobile intelligence product, TD for Me provides customers with useful TD-related content, like special nearby offers, helpful tips and details on local events, with more content and capabilities to be added in future updates.
- In more TD Bank news, Financeit (F12) teamed with Concentra to purchase TD Bank’s indirect home-financing dealer-network and 45,000-loan portfolio for C$340 million. It’s a huge win for Financeit which assumes originations for 800 dealers previously working through TD Bank (check out its demo at FinovateFall).
- Standard Chartered, Siam Commercial Bank and Banco Santander participated in Ripple’s (F13) $55 million Series B round announced today. In addition to those three, five more banks signed long-term contracts to integrate Ripple into their own banking platforms: Westpac, National Australia Bank, Mizuho Financial Group, MBO Financial Group, and Shanghai Huarui Bank
- Mitek (F11) released an SDK for mobile check-capture to make it easier for third-party developers to deploy (press release). Check out their latest Finovate demo last May. Our new SDK is a self-contained set of screens, workflows, and APIs that comprise a complete multi-check capture experience allowing developers to quickly deploy their commercial mobile banking app offerings,” said Michael Diamond, general manager, payments solutions, Mitek. “Previously, our partners and banks were on their own to develop the app-level functionality around our core MiSnap multi-check capture engine. With this SDK, we’ve done the heavy lifting for them.
- Yandex (F13) introduces AI capabilities to browser to warn users when it’s unsafe to bank or pay online
- Technologists! Don’t miss the upcoming FinDEVr in Santa Clara, October 18-19 (register now)