Today we’re announcing the winners of the 2020 Finovate Awards, recognizing excellence in fintech across 23 different categories. This is the second year of the Finovate Awards, which aims to highlight strong work done by the companies who are driving fintech innovation forward and the individuals who are bringing new ideas to life.
This year’s Finovate Awards may not come with ballroom gowns, confetti, and cocktails, but that doesn’t make the accomplishments any less compelling. In fact, the opposite is true. To be receive an award in the midst of a global pandemic-turned-economic crisis is often the result of putting the needs of others first.
Judges for the awards include media analysts, board members, bankers, fintech founders, and more. Each were given the difficult task of taking a record number of nominations and distilling them down to just a single winner in each category.
- Best Alternative Investment Platform: CNote
- Best Back Office / Core-Service Provider: MAXEX
- Best Consumer Lending Platform: NF Innova and Raiffeisen Bank Serbia
- Best Customer Experience: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Best Digital Bank: STASH
- Best Digital Mortgage Platform: LendingHome
- Best Enterprise Payments Solution: PaymentGalaxy by Finzly
- Best Financial Mobile App: TMRW by United Overseas Bank
- Best Fintech Accelerator / Incubator: The Venture Center’s FIS and ICBA Accelerators
- Best Fintech Partnership: PPP.bank (Citizens Bank of Edmond and Teslar Software)
- Best ID Management Solution: buguroo
- Best Insurtech Solution: Spire by Ernst & Young
- Best Mobile Payments Solution: Nordic API Gateway
- Best RegTech Solution: Facteus
- Best SMB/SME Banking Solution: ANNA Money
- Best Use of AI/ML: Socure
- Best Wealth Management Solution: SoFi Invest
- Excellence in Financial Inclusion: Current
- Excellence in Sustainability: PayActiv
- Executive of the Year: Renaud Laplanche, Upgrade
- Fintech Woman of the Year: Lisa Kimball, Finicity
- Innovator of the Year: Elena Ionenko, Turnkey Lender
- Top Emerging Tech Company: Breach Clarity
While only one company can win each category, it’s also worth recognizing the quality of all of the finalists who made it to the last stage in the process.
We owe a huge thank you to the panel of judges, followers, and everyone who took the time to submit a nomination. Congratulations to the winners!