- Behavioral Biometrics Startup Zighra Lands $1 Million in Seed Funding
- Tuition.io Appoints Former Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson as New CEO
Around the web
- Commerce Bank chooses Temenos to upgrade core deposit banking system.
- ThetaRay earns recognition from CIO Review as a top 20 financial services provider for 2016.
- Financeit reports a doubling of its business since acquiring the home improvement financing assets of TD Bank.
- Green Dot teams with WalMart to encourage Americans to build savings.
- Bizfi expands its business lending capabilities through a new partnership with InterNex Capital.
- OnWallStreet recommends advisers keep their eyes on Wealthfront’s Andy Rachleff; SigFig’s Mike Sha; and Betterment’s Jon Stein.
- Passport acquires Arizona-based mobile parking payment startup ParkX.
- P2P lender SocietyOne facilitates $126 million in loans in 2016, finishing a record-breaking year.
- InComm expands partnership with Target Australia to offer gift cards in stores and online.
This post will be updated throughout the day as news and developments emerge. You can also follow alumni news headlines on the Finovate Twitter account.