Throughout Finovate Live, we’ve heard from experts on a whole host of fintech hot topics, including new technology like AI and robotics, as well as analysis on what is happening in retail banking and trends driving innovation at such a fast pace. What can often be lacking are the voices exploring the moral and ethical justifications around technology deployments, and the consideration around how we can ensure that all the advancements in the finance industry will benefit everyone. Here, we bring you conversations centering around the future of fintech and why it is so important to have these conversations now.
Over 1000 fintech professionals joined us in London for FinovateEurope 2019. We saw the best of the Europe’s fintech through unique, short-form demos and learned from expert speakers on banking, regtech, payments, customer experience, investech, open banking and AI.
FinovateEurope is just 18 days away. Get ready for the cutting-edge demos and networking opportunities by taking a glimpse into the fintech products and solutions that will be showcased live on stage. With topics ranging from AI to SMB solutions, there’s lots to see for all fintech enthusiasts.
Our third FinovateEurope wrapped up a few hours ago. At the end of each of the two jam-packed days, the London audience voted for their favorite three demos. The top eight overall were named Best of Show (see notes).
The winners (in alphabetic order):
- Credit-Agricole for its app store where it is wooing outside developers
- ETRONIKA for its BANKTRON e-channel management platform
- mBank with Efigence for their Facebook & social platform
- Meniga for its PFM platform, including “buy” vs “not buy” feature
- Moven (Movenbank) for the worldwide launch of its mobile-optimized bank
- Pockets United for its group-purchasing-mobile solution
- SumUp for its mobile point-of-sale system
- Virtual Piggy for its kids’ payment system with parental controls
We’ll have videos of all 64 demos posted at Finovate.com within a few weeks.
Congratulations to the presenters for our first Finovate with zero demo fails (sure, there were a few glitches here and there). And thanks to everyone who attended, tweeted, networked, blogged, and set up an enormous number of post-show meetings. You are pushing fintech forward, and consumers everywhere will benefit.
Notes on methodology:
1. Only audience members NOT associated with demoing companies were eligible to vote. Finovate employees did not vote.
2. Attendees were encouraged to note their favorites during each day. At the end of the last demo, they chose their three favorites.
3. The exact written instructions given to attendees: “Please rate (the companies) on the basis of demo quality and potential impact of the innovation demoed.”
4. The eight companies appearing on the highest percentage of submitted ballots were named Best of Show.
5. Go here for a list of previous Best of Show winners.
With FinovateFall coming up in a couple of weeks (please get your ticket before it’s too late) and a ton of buzz about the dozens of innovations that will debut there, you might have might have missed that we’ve begun accepting demo applications for our second annual FinovateEurope conference next February in London.
After selling out of tickets for our debut European conference weeks ahead of the event and winning rave reviews from the attendees, we’ve reserved a much larger venue to showcase the best new ideas in European/global banking and financial technology.
Applications for the London conference have already started to flow in at a strong pace — well ahead of last year’s volume — and we expect to showcase a diverse range of new innovations again. If you’d like to apply to demo your latest and great fintech innovation at the event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
FinovateEurope 2012 is sponsored by: BlueRock Consulting
We’re very excited to be returning to London next February for our second annual FinovateEurope conference. After selling out our debut European conference weeks in advance and winning rave reviews from attendees, next year’s event is not to be missed (get your ticket now to ensure you can attend — and save £400 via the lowest ticket prices we’ll offer).
For 2012, we’ve expanded to a larger and nicer venue right on the Thames river in central London so that you can watch fast-paced demonstrations of the best new ideas in European financial and banking technology in comfort. In addition, Finovate attendees have a chance to network with hundreds of leading financial executives, entrepreneurs, industry analysts, major press, bloggers, and venture capitalists.
If you’re a startup, established fintech company, or financial institution innovating in financial or banking technology, we’d love to have you apply to demo your latest and greatest at the conference. To get more details, please email us at email@example.com.
If you’re interested in watching the future of financial and banking technology unfold live on stage (and can’t make it to FinovateFall in NYC in September) then get your pre-sale ticket today for FinovateEurope 2012 and save £400 off the list price. Tickets have already started to sell before this formal announcement and we don’t want you to miss out! We’ll see you in February!