The new enhancements, which will be available to existing users starting next week, are aimed to offer merchants more payment acceptance capabilities. Some of the updates include:
- Paper receipt printing
- Discount options that allow merchants to set up dollar or percentage discounts that can be applied to either specific items or an entire transaction
- Item categories for inventory tracking and marketing insights
- Favorites pages on the checkout screen that show frequently used discounts and popular items
- Item images on the checkout screen to help quickly find items for a transaction
- SwipeSimple Virtual Terminal that helps reduce fraud using full Address Verification Service (AVS) for card not present transactions
This release comes just after CardFlight updated thousands of card readers for more than 45,000 merchants currently using SwipeSimple to enable EMV Quick Chip for faster processing times.
“At CardFlight, we continually work to make SwipeSimple the best payment acceptance technology for merchants all across the country,” said Derek Webster, CardFlight’s founder and CEO. “We know that tens of thousands of businesses rely on our technology to run and grow their businesses. Releasing Version 5.0 of SwipeSimple demonstrates our team’s dedication to putting easy to use, efficient payment acceptance tools in the hands of our users.”
Founded in 2013, CardFlight serves 10 of the top 30 merchant acquirers in the U.S., reaching tens of thousands of merchants across all 50 states. To date, more than 93% of its merchant clients are EMV-enabled. The New York-based company debuted its technology at FinovateSpring 2013, showing off the first iteration of its API/SDK. Earlier this summer, CardFlight landed a distribution partnership with BoomTown.